1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi mt6 info needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dutchman1968, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dutchman1968

dutchman1968 Active Member

I am new here, I just wondered about a perazzi mt6 I thought about buying. The serial # is 100888, could anyone tell me how old it is? Does this gun have the coil springs or leaf springs in it. Does the metal barrel seperater at the end of the barrels allow you to adjust POI with the allen screw? What is that for?
    Much help is appericated, for I don't know much about Perazzi's, other than they are fine guns. I got rid of a Browning and this one looks good to me. The only thing I know is that it was introduced in 1976 for the olimpics in Montial. My guess is that is one of the early ones made. So if anyone could give me a little info on this fine gun, it would be greatly helpful to me thank you. Troy

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

to my knowlege, the mt6 barrels are simply soldered together and they are not adjustable. If the one you are looking at is different it is because the original barrel solder crapped out and the gun had to get fixed (this happened on more than a few of them). below is a picture of a MT6 and an MX3 and you will see the huge difference in the area of the barrels that is soldered together. I also have a Win 101 live bird gun and the amount of barrel connection is similar to the MX3. I am suggesting that if the MT6 you are looking at has been resoldered, I would absolutely and very carefully check the POI of both barrels. If done wrong or the barrels got too hot, it may not shoot straight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Coil springs, built 1975. Barrels with screws at the end WERE original equipment; for production reasons, not for adjustment. Not seen too much at the traps any more, good skeet or clays gun though. Test drive before you buy.

4. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

My first pigeon gun was a MT6 Type4 made in 84. I put some mondo loads thru the thing and never had a problem. Shot it over the bunker and wobble too. I liked it just fine and still have it. I recently saw a Shooters bible page for sale on eBay (is that a yuk or what) that was the Perazzi page. The MT6's sold for the same retail price as a Mirage or MX8 in 1978. And I had always wondered why they were sorta considered the "economy" Perazzi. Actually they weren't.

Charlie

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The early MT-6 barrel setup was made to take in account barrel expansion.. It worked well enough.. Dan.. at Giacomo can regulate barrels.. if you allow him enough time to do it correctly.. The parts to rebuild a MT-6.. for the most part come out of the same bin you rebuild a MX2000S with.. Basically.. the same gun..

I use to.. on a regular basis use the MT-6 barrels on a MX-8 frame.. Loved the combination.. FAST.. and effective..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mt6 perazzi
perazzi m-t-6 reviews
perazzi mt6
perazzi mt6 good or bad

perazzi mt6 review

perazzi mt6 reviews
what is the diff in a perazzi mt-6 &db81
win 101 vs perazzi mt6