1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MS80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by williamd, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamd

williamd TS Member

Recently acquired this gun and know little about it, except -- made for the Moscow Olympics (so 1980 I assume), no detachable trigger, choked F/M or F/IM. nice wood, cased. Shoots nice. Would like more info. Not interested in selling at present.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I think I might know this gun, the seller asked my opinion before he bought this gun from a dealer last year. I'm going to say the same thing as I told him at the time.

MS80 is a fine gun, and a good buy at the price.

But many dealers put them in the same category as "Econo models" (as the dealer that sold this gun last year), it's not entirely correct, by Perazzi's definition, econo models must have one or two of the following: Plain side receiver, or/and Round monobloc.

MS80 has the (expensive) Perazzi signature Seashell sculpted receiver shape like MX-8, the squared monobloc with type 4 forend interchange with most Perazzis, the non-detachable trigger with coil springs is almost maintenance free, build in barrel selector on safety switch is fool proof.

But unfortunately it is still considered one of the "odd" models by Perazzi buyers, which affected it's price (IMO, a good value).

If you have any other questions, you are welcome to PM me.

3. algebra1

algebra1 Member

I agree with SteveW.A good all around ou for shooting any clay sport.

4. williamd

williamd TS Member

Thanx guys. Steve, I got this consignment in San Diego over a year ago so probably not the same gun ... unless you are the Steve who owns the shop! :)

I do like the gun and it shoots well. Admit I am a M3200 fan but have not found the 25-every-time gun yet so keep trying.

5. MOP

MOP Active Member

MS80 is as good as any Perazzi. They were more expensive than the MX8 at the time they were made.

6. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

If anybody has a MS80 that they want to sell please let me know. I would *love* to have another one! Like other Perazzis they are an OUTSTANDING gun and very hard to find.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Basically the same gun as the MX2000S or MX12.. All the parts come out the same bin.. The MT-6 was it's daddy..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ms80 perizzie

perazzi ms 80

perazzi ms-80

perazzi ms80 buy

perazzi ms80 reviews

perazzi ms80 shotgun