1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI MS80 INFO ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jawingsr, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

MS-80 PERAZZI INFO DESIRED, DATES/YEARS PRODUCED, STYLES MADE, CATALOG INFO, ETC. THANKS, JIM

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Jim,

MS'80 was named after the 1980 Olympics in Moscow (an Italian shooter under Olympic flag won gold medal in trap). Very few were made, and most people have never heard of it, it's also the most undervalued Perazzi in the U.S.

The biggest difference from other undervalued Perazzi models is MS'80 has the Perazzi signature seashell sculpted receiver like the later MX-12, same fixed coil spring trigger group with barrel selector on safety switch. MX-8's square monobloc, type IV forend.

Original production continued till around mid~late '85 or so (not as '83 stated in a book) with continued ser.#s. More of them are in Olympic trap configuration than skeet.

Here's a picture of a MS'80 seashell sculpted receiver:

stevew_2008_0303139.jpg

3. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

When I bought my MS80 ser# 65XXX, in 1992. It was a 32" top single with a 30" O/U combo. In 1996 my O/U barrel and case was stolen from my locked vehicle. Have not been able to recover it. This gun has never given me any problem and I have never broken a hammer spring. Bill

4. Steve W

Bill, your MS'80 ser. # falls into 1984~ 1985 production years.

I'm sorry to hear about your lost, but being a square monobloc gun, you can easily buy a replacement MX-8 O/U barrel if you want to.

5. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Great information Steve! I enjoy reading your personal experiences that are not something you got out of Lippard's book. Seems like a lot of people quote the book but lack the personal experience.

6. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

Steve W -- You are always a wealth of info on Perazzi's. After my loss, I decided to buy another Perazzi to shoot doubles. I bought a like new safe queen 30" Comp I for what it was going to cost for a barrel and fitting. I have recently purchased a beautiful MX14L 34/32 combo from a class act TS.com member. Am having fun learning a new gun, going from a 32" to a 34" is a learning experience. Bill Hom

7. Steve W

Avaldes, and Bill,

Thank you for your kind words, I just happen to know couple things about this relatively rare model. Glad to share with you.

Steve W

8. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

Steve, i would like to echo the same thought's of both Avaldes and Bill also, you've been a big help in my quest to seek and what to look for,in purchasing a perazzi or two to add to my gun collection. thanks, jim wing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
armas kemen precios

perazzi ms 80