1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi-Model Grand American 88

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JJJ, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I have a friend who shoots a Perazzi Grand American 88. It started to fly open on him. He had the locking bolt replaced. Now,it needs new springs. He
    took it to another gunsmith, we live in the boon docks, & the smith could not get the screw out to take the gun apart. I assume the first gunsmith may have
    used a permanent loctite.Our State(Maryland) shoot is coming up & naturally he wants to shoot this gun,without using rubber bands to keep it together. Any
    suggestions? We live on the DelMarVa pen.,is there one within driving distance for two(2) senior citizens.(we live in the Denton-Greensboro area.) I know most of the gunsmiths are very busy this time of the year. Is there a competant one with a short turn around time? I know this is asking a lot,especially for the time of the year. I would suggest Wolf at Albright's
    located in Easton,MD. However, he takes a VERY long time to finish any
    work.
    Many thanks,
    Joe Jordan

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Call Giacomo and see if they'd have time to take care of it B4 the shoot. Your friend will have to ship it but at least it's done right.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Which screw is it that you can't remove? I can't believe that someone replaced the locking bolt and didn't replace the springs.

Ed Yanchok

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did they replace the locking bolt with a larger one? or just replace it with any old one?

why wouldnt you replace the springs at the same time?

5. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Thanks very much. Two senior citizens will sleep well tonight.
    JJJ

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Once again, thanks. You just saved my buddy around $250.00

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
grand american 88

perazzi grand american 88