1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Mirage-S- Type 4?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Sep 15, 2013.

1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looking at a Perazzi Mirage-S, 34" top single. Haven't been able to contact the seller to get a serial #, but IIRC, all of the Mirage-S guns were type 4 w/ 9 o'clock top lever release, correct?

Worst case, I can get a 3 day inspection and send it back no questions asked w/ only a $25 loss...

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Correct.

The change of the model name on the side of the receiver ("Mirage S") came shortly after the trip button was moved to the right side, and after the Type-4 iron introduction.

So it should be a full-on type 4, but they never made a Mirage top-single, so it's a build-up. Get some pics first.

Regards, GAP

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Figured it was probably a put-together gun, not really that big a deal for me since it'll be torn down again if I buy it (since I'd only have a use for receiver/iron/trigger).

4. Justinosen

Justinosen Member

The difference of a type 3 and and type 4 is the fore end iron. Tke the Barrel off the type 3 it has screws holding the fore end wood on through the top of the iron like most guns. On a type 4 if you take the foreend off and you are looking at it from behind there are 2 allen screws holding the wood to the fore end and iron and you can see that without taking the barrel off just by looking at the back of the iron.

Search tags for this page

mirage s type

pirazzi mirage-s four barrel set shotguns