1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Mirage Question???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I just purchased an older Perazzi Mirage, 34Unsingle, 31.5O/U. BOth have choke tubes. My question is: Is it normal for a dedicated American Trap gun to have such a radical difference in the POI of the O/U barrels? The under barrel shoots 50/50 flat at 30 yds, and the Over barrel shoots well over 100/0..The trigger group is a Bottom first, nonselectable. The Unsingle TMX style rib shoots 100% as well..Always thought the O/U should shoot to the same POI...Thanks, Lb

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It all depends on what game you are planning to use the gun for. For example if you are shooting trap doubles you want the first barrel to shoot high for the fast rising first bird, and the second barrel to shoot 50/50 for the flat second bird.

On the other hand if the gun was set up for internatinal bunker trap, the barrels would be set to shoot 50/50. HMB

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

American Trap Doubles...seems like my barrels are opposite of what I need..Figures...lb

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I took a clinic from Frank Little and he said when he bought his Perazzi DB81, Perazzi let him take three new guns out to check the patterns. He said all three shot differently. He picked the one that was close to the Browning POI he was used to.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

To answer your question, it's not normal and it's not satisfactory. I would do something about it.

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Something sounds fishy here. Unsingle Mirage? Suspect that the unsingle was added later also who did the chokes. Have had problems with Briley altering POI when the chokes were installed. A lot going on here that could account for the POI problems.

TOM

7. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

The chokes are Perazzi, and the barrels, and trigger group are same serial nbrs to the rcvr..looks all factory issued...?? I take it that a MIRAGE was supposed to be a top single?..can a bottom first trigger be converted to a top first, or do I have to change the whole thing out?

8. Stuart

Stuart Member

Lb, You can have a internal selector added to you MX triggers. Then you select top or bottom first. However I suspect something sour about the barrels. Do they show signs of being resoldered?
    Stuart

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

NO signs of anyone working on them..gonna take them to Perazzi (Lucio) in Azuza, CA and have them go through it, just to be sure...THanks, LB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.