1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Mirage F/S built by the late Tom Seitz

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by little gambler, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Perazzi Mirage ser # 54,XXX (type 4) built by the late Tom Seitz. I purchased this gun from one of his squad mates that shot with him around 30 years ago. Trigger does not match the gun. Pull/pull configuration.

31 7/8” barrel non ported. Small step ribbed. .732 bottom barrel, .712” choke - .020” constriction. Top barrel .732” .700” choke- .032” constriction. Factory long white “inch worm” bead on front and brass on back. Barrel weight is 1.640 K.G. Bluing shows minor wear around forend iron where your palm would rest. Top lever at 5’o-clock. Gun closes like a safe vault, seems that a Mirage had a slight better fit and finish than most MX8’s
    Seitz stamped comb hardware, gra-coil I added to shoot pigeons with. Could use a minor touch up to the trap dude pad on it. I would say woodwork is 98%- but some jackassed TSA agent had to unpack all my tools and etc on a flight and just happened to repack some allen wrenches under the stock, so it went from west coast to east coast and got a little scratched up. The marks are not through the finish and I am sure a woodworker could steam them out. It was ordered as a wood upgrade stock also.

I have all the paperwork where this gun was ordered from Derick Partridge, all paperwork from when it went through customs, upgraded wood and so forth.
    5100.00 and I will pick up the shipping tab to you, unless your live in Canada,Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico………email me if you have any other questions. l.g
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

0   0   0

Sir Gambler,

Just for the record, my 1980 model TM-1 was given the barrel "works" by Tom Seitz in the later 80's. It is stamped "C.C. Seitz" on the bottom of the monoblock, and nowhere else. Yours appears to be stamped "T.C. Seitz" on what looks like an automobile engine soft plug or ??? located somewhere else on the gun. I have seen a number of others stamped as mine is. What do you suppose is the difference?

Larry

3. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

The stamp that is shown is on the bottom of the adjustable comb hardware, it is "T.C.Seitz" not C.C Seitz........I have owned many of barrels that were built by Tom, all of the barrels I have ever owned were stamped "C.C Seitz" why the difference? I don't have the slightest idea. Two different stamps?

The barrels are not stamped. I'm not in the business of trying to pawn off fakes, like I said, this gun belonged to a squad member that shot with him quite a bit back in the day, bore dia. is spot on for Seitz backbore. Chokes hang black smoke shooting doubles. I've had it in my safe for the past few years. The previous owner also had an 1100 built by Seitz as well, I should have bought it when I bought this one. In all the paperwork I have on this gun, I did not look close enough for a receipt from him.

I've bought and sold on this forum for years, and have always advertised what I had up front.It does not do either party any good if you mis represent items..... If anyone wants to verify who owned this gun, I can give you the gentlemens name in a pm. You'll have to get in touch with Daro to verify.

4. Vickie

Vickie Member

0   0   0

Rick, I think the T.C. stamp was for work done by his son, Tom Jr.

The C.C. stamp was for work done by Charles C.Seitz, the "Tom Seitz" that we all knew as the master gunsmith.

If I remember right, before his death, his son, Tom Jr. was doing the adjustable combs for him.

We have barrels done by Tom (C.C.) that are not stamped, and some that are.

Sure do miss him...

Hopes this helps,

Vickie

5. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks for the info Vickie. I understood that Tom started out working on rifles, and have heard that he had designed a .22 rimfire that to this day still holds some record......don't really know if it was 50 yard benchrest or what. I think I heard that at his Hall of Fame induction at Oregon about 7-8 years ago.

I'm sure if he was alive today that gunmakers would be chasing the man that changed a shotgun to have rifle internals.

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I have a CC Seitz unsingle barrel on my K80 it is not stamped but I have the paper work with the ser # from him for backbore and choke work in 1982 total cost for the job was 150.00 as Dillon sang the times they are a changing.
    Buddy

7. R_Shrode

R_Shrode TS Member

0   0   0

Buy a ring you wuss .................

8. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

0   0   0

Tom's caliber of choice, when he was building rifles, was the .222. I believe the target he set his record with is in the ATA Hall of Fame in his display. I'm not sure if it has been broken or not but, if your interested, you could ask Ray Stafford. I have one of the first of Tom's TM1's that were converted with his style of rib. He was a character and a laugh a minute. Jimmy Borum

9. BigJohn27

BigJohn27 TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Lil Gambler,
    I bought her a ring a year and a half ago and bought her an XT Combo and made her into a champion. No regrets....

Big John

10. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Wonderful advice from my Eastern Oregon friends........... Shrode it's great to hear from you, even if it's the usual sarcastic tone........I have to say I miss it.

11. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Rick,
    Your first mistake was to introduce your girl friend to clay shooting. She is probably already a steller shot way beyond your amatuerish ability. RBO8 said you were not able to shoot in Bend because your harvest is later this year then normal. So to sum it up, your late with the harvest, late when your shooting a target, late getting an engagement ring(not a bad thing) and probably too early with everything else. Move this up for a good guy.

The Screw

12. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Veta,

Each day I got the shooting report.....I could also hear RB08 in the background yelling something about a guy named Rufus and her going to dinner each night....... Why don't you and RB08 buy this gun from me, part it out and make 10K on it......I'll throw in some special Perazzi stickers. l.g.

BTW, amatuerish ability? I was thinking of going out on the road and teaching my style to anyone that had 100.00

13. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

make me an offer. l.g.

14. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0