1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi mid-bead removal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sport-Trap, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sport-Trap

Sport-Trap Member

What is the best tool or method to remove the mid-bead on a late model perazzi barrel.

Thanks

2. Perazzi_MX8

Perazzi_MX8 Well-Known Member

Brownell's sell a shotgun bead install tool for about 10 bucks. They come in 3 sizes depending on the bead diameter or you can buy all 3 as a set for less than ordering each separately. They are basically pin vises that accept the round ball diameter of the bead. You can also order a new bead from them.

3. Sport-Trap

Sport-Trap Member

Thanks,

I will check it out.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

As far as most of the Perazzis, the mid bead is pressed into the rib and is not removable. They are fragile enough that any attempt will break it off.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I always remove the factory bead and install the Italian threaded replacement.

I usually stock quite a few of these. Brownell's sells American thread mid-beads that are similar.

Whiz

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

While on the subject--sorta-- what about the front bead on a TMX. The white insert broke off on mine. Not a big deal really as I have shot my last several thousand targets with it that way, but if it's threaded, I'd like to replace it.

Thanks,

Steve

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have the genuine Perazzi replacement front ivory beads.

WW

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

To me it begs the question of why would you want to remove it? If you ever sell the gun most people probably will want it in original condition and it sure isn't hurting anything. If you see it while shooting you have problems other than the mid bead. Its also useful to check for canting and proper alignment.

Carry on.

9. hera200

hera200 Member

Maybe because he wants to be able to see the mid bead well and that would require replacing it with something like a small Bradley white bead. My Perazzi mid bead is not easy to see since it is very small and only a metal color. Seeing the mid bead better makes it easier and quicker to align the beads when mounting if you are so inclined......BUD

Search tags for this page
perazzi mid bead replacement

replacing front bead on a perazzi

whiz white perazzi bead