1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi mechanical triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by colt 1911, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colt 1911

colt 1911 TS Member

is there such a thing as mechanical triggers for a Perazzi MX8, I believe they were never a factory option, is there such a thing as converting existing triggers? if so who can do it.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Precision triggers has one on the bench now and will be out with it soon

3. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I asked Giacomo about the factory mechanicals and he said "Don't".

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The reason I went from Krieghoff to Perazzi was the trigger.. I have special needs in a trigger many don't have.. I worked with the Krieghoff factory.. and with Kolar.. and both told me to get a Perazzi.. A mechinical trigger could never have as short of cross over time and the Perazzi inertia trigger.. Now.. if anyone could make it happen.. My money is on Jim Coons.. If the shooter is a trigger slapper.. he will never know the difference.. If the shooter has problems boxing the trigger.. he'll quickly know the difference.. I eagarly await to see the product.. All Good.. Mike

5. Shotgun Julie

Shotgun Julie TS Member

First I would like to thank everyone for their interest in mechanical triggers. Precision Gold builds all new pull triggers as mechanical. We have recently developed a mechanical double release trigger as well. The performance of the trigger is unaffected by converting it to mechanical. The lock time, consistency, and reliability of a mechanical trigger remains identical to those of a non-mechanical trigger. We can now convert any of our double release triggers to mechanical. Feel free to contact either myself or Jim Coons directly if you have any questions about the new mechanical double release.

All our best,

Precision Gold Triggers

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Alright I'll ask the question, what's a "mechanical trigger" and how is that different from a regular Perazzi trigger?

thanks

7. Shotgun Julie

Shotgun Julie TS Member

A regular trigger relies on the recoil of the first shot to reset your trigger, getting it ready to fire the second shot. The recoil pushes the inertia block back and it falls forward to catch the second sear, witch engages the trigger for the second shot.

With a mechanical trigger, you do not need the recoil in order to fire a second time. Even if you have a misfire for your first shot, you can still pull (or pull and release if you shoot a double release) the trigger again, and fire the second shot.

8. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ahhhh I see. That's simple enough thanks!

9. Shotgun Julie

Shotgun Julie TS Member

You are very welcome.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

So, with the liberal failure to fire rule, why do we need a mechanical trigger for trapshooting?

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Bunker.. It would be GREAT.. I look forward to seeing one at the GRAND.. Maybe you'll let me try one.. All Good.. Mike

12. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

What is the cost of the "Precision" conversion.

Ed Yanchok

13. Maner

Maner TS Member

Marlette built perazzi mechanical triggers a really long time ago. I am guessing he has had them for maybe 18 years or more. He used to shoot one for many years.I am not sure if he was the first or not,but it was the first I had ever heard of one. A lot of people dont know that he used to be a Perazzi guy.
    Now you guys can give him a rash about it. His wife never converted to k-guns.

14. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Not sure it would be legit for bunker, although you could probably get away with it. Hal Hitchcock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi trigger reset problems

perazzi triggers

perazzi triggers inertia activated