1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi MB81 Special trigger problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PFCSkoug, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PFCSkoug

PFCSkoug TS Member

One of my friends resently bought an MB81 over under and we took it out yesterday for a couple rounds of doubles. It shot the first pair fine the second pair first round shot fine and the second round i had to pull the trigger a couple of times befor it shot. From then on out though it would not fire the second shot. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how where you able to fix it.

Thanks
    Nathan

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Do you mean a DB-81? Make sure the internal slide selector is pushed all the way over. Sometimes the gun will double if it's not all the way engaged properly, mine did that once. Hap

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Pop the trigger assy out and take a peek at the back of the trigger, where it rests on the frame. There may be a piece of debris back there preventing the trigger from rotating forwad far enough to allow the inertia block assy from slipping back beneath the second sear.

Your description of pulling the trigger several times, does not indicate the inertia block is NOT moving back, but, just not getting under the sear. This can be a problem once in a while if the trigger has been "tuned-up" to remove some preplay. The tolerance for dirt is near zero then.

Doug Braker

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Doug,

How nice of you to give out free advice to out TS.com shooters. I hope we all remeber to use you for gunsmith work whenever we can.. Thx

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have had similiar problems with a Perazzi trigger. The "cure" for mine was to flush the entire assembly completely with a good carburator cleaner. After spraying it down real good, blow it dry with an air gun. Then, I sprayed the entire trigger assembly with "Break-Free" lubricant. I really gave the trigger a bath with the Break Free. I then used the air gun again to blow out all the remaining lubricant, leaving the trigger with a very thin coating of Break Free. The trigger worked flawlessly after that..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.