1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi made from parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I was looking for a forend iron for a Krieghoff called MIA no luck Jack then said what else do you need I thought for a moment and said a MX 8 receiver for some bits and pieces I had laying around, He gave me a great deal on a MX 10 receiver he had. I then had Glen Hunting go threw the receiver and fit the extra set of MX 8 barrels I had in the safe for the last 5 years. Took the trigger out of my old MX8 with double releases dropped it in Wall Aaaahhh I was in business. Had some cracked and repaired wood in the pile and Glen removed the inside to fit the release hooks installed the wood and off to the club to try it out. To say I am happy is an understatement broke a pair of 23's the gun just plain old fits and shoots where I look when things go together like that you just want to scream I was a kid all over again what a great feeling.I do not name my guns but this one is called Bits & Pieces Buddy

oldoneeye_2008_030354.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030355.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030356.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030357.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030358.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030359.jpg

oldoneeye_2008_030360.jpg

2. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

Thats awesome!, I've done that before with guitar parts, You put a bunch of spare parts together and it plays and sounds great, it makes you feel like you hit the lottery!
    Congrats very nice gun!

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Really nice looking wood! Too bad about those termites getting in your barrel...

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

When a gun looks that good ... who cares about a few termite barrel holes?

Enjoy the hell outta that gun!

5. roger stoddard

roger stoddard TS Member

Parts, but mighty nice parts!!

6. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

oh you did good!

7. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

I have seen that stock somewhere before.... I'm thinking on a gunbroker.com perazzi ad or somewhere,... that is one you just don't forget, with that little black smoke doilie on the forend and all... Nice job!

ps - I think it is rude to criticize that MX barrel with the Seitz porting calling it termite holes. How do you feel when someone calls that 100lb sack of potatoes that you are carrying around your mid-section a pot belly?

Anyway, nice to see those bits & pieces turned into something like that work of art!

Sportshot

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

funny post Sport.

the story on that receiver is that it was not perfect, but Buddy knew what he was getting into and has Glen Hunting to spiff things up.

Nice shot John. I am jealous. I bet that critter is easy to shoot. An I like the Seitz style the best.

9. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Didn't Jonny Cash have a song about that Gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

parts trigger perazzi mx8 for sale

perazzi mx8 trigger set parts for sale