1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Loose Side Rib ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gary0920, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Found about 4" of the side rib coming loose. Is it a major job to repair? Sugguestions on who to send it to?

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Dan at Giacomo Sporting..

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

As common as an old shoe. The best way to cure it for good is to have someone do away with the side ribs all together and install an adjustable hanger on the end. They will come loose as long as you shoot it much even after the repair.

4. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has had the hanger put on their barrels and price.
    I have a barrel at Giacomo's now($500) and another barrel with one side rib loose.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

My side ribs have been loose about 5" down on both sides for about 20 years but never got any worse. I'm having my barrels done by Giacomo now but that's only after I noticed the top rib was loose for about the same amount from the breach end. If it wasn't for the top rib getting loose I probably wouldn't have had it redone.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I spoke to Dan from Giacomo about this....he said Perazzi does not make any barrels without the side ribs anymore. Too bad, a lot of shooters would had liked to order barrels without side ribs.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Backboring makes side ribs come off quicker..according to Dan..

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Loose side ribs for the first 6-10" from the breach end is a common problem with all Perazzi's. It's easily fixed. Perazzi changed the design a number of years ago so that this area is now open (split) on all new barrels. This area is covered by the forearm so it's not seen. The side rib ends are now wrapped together so they will not separate.

TB

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Gary... Check with Dennis DeVault and see if he may be able to help you. I know he is doing some barrel/hanger work, and he may be able to assist you.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The side rib issue has not been corrected by Perazzi. It is still an issue everyday for sporting clays shooters. No rib and a barrel hanger is the way to go.

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the above posts recommending doing away with the side ribs altogether and having a barrel hanger installed. This problem is just one of several reasons I went to a MX3 Special combo. My MX8 O/U barrel had to have the side ribs re-soldered twice. The MX3 Special O/U has no side ribs.. Problem solved... Just my experience.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Dan is well versed in doing away with the sideribs.. and infact custom makes a barrel hangar.. When he's done.. the barrels look just like the MX3 Special barrels.. He's done quite a few for me.. Each and everyone is perfection..

The ultimate test is my 1.36kg MX10 barrel.. fully backbored and choked by Tom Wilkinson.. After years of shooting.. still 100% perfect...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

loose side rib

perazzi side rib repair