1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi/Kemen Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hooligan, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

I live in Australia and have recently acquired a Kemen KM4 o/u trap gun. I know these guns are not popular in the US however they are basically the same as an MX8 Perazzi. Nearly all parts are interchangeable including the drop out trigger group, barrels, etc. Service info or owners manual for an MX8 would help. I would appreciate information on the correct procedure to change the leaf springs and also the firing pins. I tried to obtain a Perazzi service video from Kaye Ohye but it seems to be no longer available. If anyone can help with a manual or photocopy or just instructions I would be most appreciative. I am more than happy to send US Dollar bills to cover any costs and other effort.
    Barry

2. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Give me your email address and I will send you the entire Perazzi Manual in .pdf format.

Bruce

3. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Here is a link to the entire Perazzi manual:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=189161

Bruce

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Thank you Bruce
    Barry

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Well, here's how you change the leaf spring.

BTW, the triggers don't interchange between Perazzi & Kemen, the attachment is different.

[​IMG]

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Oh stever... That trigger is a beaut... Whya P ever stopped making those is anybody['s guess.

Change your springs every 5 thou and do not leave them under cocked tension. Use a snap cap to releive the firing pin stress.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Steve W and Jack - thanks. Steve I was aware the actual trigger group would not interchange however many parts including barrels do. Kemen parts are almost impossible to get here and I have been looking around in the US without success.
    I need a set or maybe 2 of leaf springs plus firing pins. I suspect they may interchange with MX8 even though the mount lock for the trigger group is different. I am not 100% certain and wonder if you guys happen to know the answer. Barry

8. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

To Hooligan
    Perazzi springs are slighlty different from the Kemen. The Peg is mm 2 (Perazzi 2.2 mm) and the distint from the Peg and the hook are not the same. You could put perazzi springs on by filing the peg but you will increase the chances of breaking it.
    By the 15th of September I will be making more Perazzi springs. Let me know if you need some for your gun and I will make some for you with the right specification.
    For the firing pins send me an email with the measurement and if I don't have it I will make it.

9. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Barry,

Ian McGeoch of Albury is/was the Kemen man Downunder (02 6041-6398) if he cannot help you directly he can tell you who can.

Good Luck,

Release Trigger..............

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Release Trigger
    Thanks. Unfortunately Ian has let the Kemen agency go ( a bit sad as he is a nice guy and a real gunsmith). He gave it back to Sox Pilipasides who had it originally. Spare parts are a real problem! Ian is still working on Kemens and Kevin Wright is making good stocks for them!! Parts uh!!!!. Would love to get hold of a complete spare trigger group as I love my gun.
    Marcello
    Thanks. I may be wrong but have an idea you provide parts to whiz White in the US.
    Sometimes I get the feeling Australia is the end of the world when it comes to
    the shooting sports!!! I have sent you an email direct.

Thanks again
    Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ian mcgeoch gunsmith

instruction booklet for perazzi

kemen gunsmith
kemen or mx8
leaf springs for kemen shotguns
perazzi manuals

perazzi mx8 disassemble