1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi hitting middle finger?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JLSO5, Jun 6, 2013.

1. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

I have a friend who just bought a Perazzi MX8 with selective triggers and the trigger guard is beating his middle finger to death. Does anyone have a suggestion as I am sure he will sell gun if can't fix problem.

Thanks

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This usually happen on straight grip stock. If he has pistol grip on his MX-8, then, maybe he needs an adjustable LOP, or a set back trigger, so he can position his hand further backward.

Some external selectable trigger has a different contour on the trigger guard, that can cause this problem too. He can put a rubber finger guard on it.

I'm sure he'll get some offers to trade his trigger.

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

A shooter at our club was having that same issue with his gun, and after observing him mount the gun, I noticed that he was inserting his trigger finger too far into the trigger and was past the first knuckle, pulling the trigger, instead of using the pad of his trigger finger. Using the pad of his trigger finger moved his whole grip back and solved the bruising issue. Mark

4. twotimer

twotimer Member

He may have better luck if he uses a lighter load. If that doesn't work have him get in touch with me. The gun is obviously defective and I will take it off his hands at a fair price for a defective gun! Mike

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

Last time I had that happen was with an old dbl barreled hunting gun.The stock was a tad short,and it took me a while to figure out I was firing the gun before I had it well seated on my sholder,finger was black and blue by end of a hunting day and swelled quite a bit.Sounds stupid,but,is he just setting the gun in the pocket of his shoulder and not really mounting it tightly in the pocket.Doesn't take much movement to pound the heck out of the finger.

Doug H.(pa)

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

These might help

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=40269/Product/FINGER-BUMPER

and another:

http://www.kebcollc.com/cart/store.php?crn=227&rn=589&action=show_detail

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

a guy can't shoot and he blames Perazzi

8. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

the problem will soon be solved when trigger group springs break.

Fifteen two and a pair is four.

Bill

9. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

MX2G, thanks for your informative post you certainly know how to help a fellow shooter. I was a AAA skeet shooter in all 4 gauges and now AA sporting clays shooter and I can't shoot it either.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

Father in law had the same problem with his TM-1. Bloodied his middle finger knuckle. Now has a permanent callus, and has to wear tape, no matter what he shoots. I think it is just the angle of the stock at the grip, that causes this, plus the way it is held.

Add a stick on palm swell to the gun. This takes up extra space, and keeps the trigger on the pad of the finger, by keeping the hand back. Do it soon, before permanent damage, or flinching occurs.

11. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I had the same problem. Then I moved my hand & grip back. Shooting Heavy loads in the games with more recoil will bark your knuckle also.
    Clyde Doll

12. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

Plain and simple. The grip radius is too tight. I have altered the grip radius for several with the same problem. Most had large hands. That coupled with a tight grip radius is most likely the problem. Unfortunately once you cut the radius correctly and reshape it I have also had to rechecker the stock.

Mike

13. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Thanks Mike and you are right on the money in that the grip radius is too tight. He has a MX2000 with same trigger and no problem.
    I just got a MX2000 last week with the single selective trigger because I knew I could not shoot one. See how it works against the K guns.
    Are you keeping the gang straight over there.

Jimmie

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Find a "P-4" trigger. It's blade is adjustable, fore and aft.