1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Baber, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes... have the barrel properly fitted by someone who knows what to do. Suggest you send it to Giacomo. There is a possibility that the locking plate is not properly engaging with the new barrel.

TB

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes... have the barrel properly fitted by someone who knows what to do. Suggest you send it to Giacomo. There is a possibility that the locking plate is not properly engaging with the new barrel.

TB

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd say the locking lugs on the MX15 barrel are more open than your 2000. Costly procedure to make both engage the same with lever right of center in the same position. Either the 2000 lugs have to be opened or the MX15 lugs have to be shimmed or welded and re-cut. If it locks up tight with the MX15 barrel, I'd shoot it as is. The farther to the left the break lever is, the deeper the bolt is locked in the barrel lugs. MHO Hap

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

East coast Giacomo. West coast Luccio. No more problems. Jake

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Hap,

Just because there is more lug engagement, does neccesarily mean the locking bolt is applying sufficiant pressure.

Dave,

I may not hurt to shoot the gun the way it is..but....if at anytime you happen to catch the top lever moving during a shot, STOP shooting it. You will end up breaking the "tit" off from the bottom of the top lever...this is about a $400 repair.

There are onlt two ways to correct this. Recut the 2000 bll's lugs to the same depth as the 15's bbl, and rebuild the locking bolt, or weld the lugs on the 15's bbl and recut to match the 2000's. Either way you're looking at about $150, assuming everything else is correctly fitted.

Doug Braker

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Doug, I was taking what the man said as fact, "The barrel fit and locks up tight,I shot it and it shoots fine." If the gun stays locked on firing, it's locked is the point I made. P guns locking block is built to wear in and out, some guns are designed to fully engage the locking block? Hap

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My MX3 O/U would open up until I had the barrel lugs welded up to the correct angle as explained by Gun Dr. Doug Braker. If I should come across a single barrel to fit my gun I know that I will need the barrel lugs welded up because the locking block in my gun is not oversize and I'm glad it isn't. I think the trouble with a combo gun is uneven wear on the locking block mating with the barrel lugs because you probably use the single barrel as least twice as much as the O/U.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.