1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Help Side Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadeye45, Sep 15, 2013.

1. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Often wondered what a 'side rib' might be. Today I may have discovered the answer. removed the forend, 34" single barrel, fits my MX 8 receiver, type 3, and the piece shown, came off. So is that a 'side rib'? In any case, my questions are what am I in for as to repair? Could any competent gunsmith do it? I am planning a refurbish shortly including bluing the barrels.
    Your expert opinion appreciated.
    thanks, Larry

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Los Angeles
    That's exactly what we called side rib.

Not a big deal. It can be soldered back on, JB Weld, or even glued with certain Loctite.

Off the record, one of the best known Perazzi smith put two screws on each side after glued it.
    Don't ask me who, but I had the barrel. :)
  3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

May 20, 2008
    What Steve said. The great sporting shooter, Wendell Cherry uses black electrical tape. Since you mentioned rebluing the barrels, send the barrels and rib to Dan Lokker @ Giacomo Sporting. I had a set of side ribs come loose on a MX8 O/U. Sent them to Dan and re-soldered and reblued all at the same time.
  4. MOP

MOP Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Phillip will do it properly for a very reasonable cost.
Search tags for this page
perazzi barrel side rib fix

perazzi side rib repair