1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Help Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hivoltfl, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I picked up an older TM1 at a gunshow Saturday was imported by Ithaca shoots real nice and I am pleased with it, I got 4 choke tubes with the gun that have some marking I dont understand, appears to have been maked with an electric pencil but cant tell if its factory, I dont think it is, they are numbered 5-7-9-11 with 11 having the most restriction about .023 as far as I can tell with my dial verniers, the threads are on the muzzle end of the choke tube I think and have been told they are the old style tubes if that helps. anybody hear of this or know about them? Also could someone look up the age of the gun for me? I am pretty sure there is an AD in the code box and the serial number is 6641, gun has a B.Mcdaniel release trigger thats pretty nice, Is he still in business? I thought I read in another thread that he had passed? thanks in advance.

Smack em all

Rick

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

The original chokes were marked as yours with # 11 being the tightest. If you multiply the number on the choke by .004 you will get the constriction. For instance the #5 =.020 restriction, the #10=.040 thousands restriction.

Not absolutely sure of that but reasonably close.

3. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thanks for the information guys, Wow the old gun is 30 years old, shoots great, could use some help on the wood but not to bad. I gave it a workout Sunday with the #11 choke in it, .044 restriction would be an extra full wouldn't it? It was breaking them pretty good when I was on them. I LIKE IT! thanks again.

Rick

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Your choke tubes would be generation 1 and there was a picture of them posted a while ago. I bought a McDaniels release for my TMX and I am very happy with it.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Each number equals .1 of a millimeter. 1 millimeter= .03937 or rounded off to .004

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

<a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=perazzi3-1.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a><a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=perazzi2.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

7. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thanks for all the good information, you guys are great.

Rick

8. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

yep thats the choke allright, the serial numbers on the receiver and the barrel match, wonder how come the differance,

Any how thanks for the info.

Rick

9. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Is this a Generation III?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.