1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI HAMMER SPRINGS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The address is not kosher.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

too much pork???

(sorry)

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Set up like a bowling pin!

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Are the Perazzi TM-1 springs $5.95 like it says on the site? TJ.

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

In line with the subject, we had an incident today at our club. One of our better shooters uses the MX15, and during one of our lines, he had several failures to fire using RIO target ammo. Heretofore, RIO's have been very reliable. Later, in the next round, the right trigger spring broke.

Our shooter replaced the spring and went on to finish the round. We examined and discussed the broken spring, and the question was asked as to whether the failures to fire were a harbinger of a broken spring. One of our guys thought that the spring was a go/no-go item. I thought that the spring may have started to break but was semi-functional, causing the misfires. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dennis

6. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Dennis: Shot with a friend who started having to take lost targets due to the failure to fire rule. He was shooting his reloads and never had a problem. Upon finishing the 25 bird round, we checked his hammer spring before heading for the next field. Sure enough, his bottom barrel had a cracked hammer spring-still was in one piece and worked 3 out of 4 times. Eventually this spring would have broke. I would guess if you would have checked the spring upon the start of the problem you would have found a hairline crack in the spring. Roger

7. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

I've had two hammer springs fail during matches, one on an MX2000 and the other on an MX2005. In both cases, I noticed that the trigger pull was lighter, and neither failed immediately. Both springs came out in one piece.

I made up both rounds after I replaced the springs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.