1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Hammer Springs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ps8182, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

Where's a good place to buy classic style Perazzi hammer springs? I recently changed my spring with a new spare and it put the set on my Precision Trigger 1-1/2 lbs. heavier than normal. I inspected the spring and it appears to be beefier compared to the other springs. I replaced the sping with another new spare and the poundage went back down to normal. My problem is I'm not sure which spare came from where, as I've bought them from different suppliers over the years. I don't need heavy duty springs because I change them once a year anyway and I don't want to get the set/ release adjusted for the beefier springs.

Thanks
    Kelly

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Do the springs go bad in just one year? HMB

3. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

I'm sure everyone has their own defenition of a bad spring and most probably think a broken spring is a bad spring. For the volume I shoot the spring usually breaks not long after a year and they start getting soft around that point anyway, throwing off my set/ release poundages. So I usually change them once a year saving the aggravation of breaking one on the line and it keeps my set/ release poundages the same year around. Every time I change one at a club it usually takes some Perazzi hater about three seconds to start making wise cracks about Perazzi triggers and the cost to change the spring. I dont know about everyone else, but $40 a year is the cheapest part of my trapshooting budget.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info. HMB

5. IMGRV

IMGRV TS Member

You may find what you need at this web site - Jim and Pete are excellent to deal with and provide a very good product. Gino

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Perazzi springs have their logo printed right on the spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi hammer springs

perazzi shotguns hammer springs