1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi gun case repair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by daddiooo, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have an older Perazzi combo guncase (1988 model, big, flat and black) that the inside fabric is in good condition on but the foam backing is absolutley rotten and dusting the entire inside of the case along with it's contents. When I first opened it I thought I had a severe case of termites. Can anyone recommend a repair person or facility that can fix this??

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yes.... any auto upoulstry shop should be able to fix it the material is identical to auto headliner material.

TB

3. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I just removed the lining and foam from one and replaced it with the egg carton type foam

4. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Another 'self help' option is to pull the cloth out and/or the edges away from the case, (the glue will break up and off - really it will) then vacuum case, and tape fabric down with the heavy duty cloth double sided tape from the hardware store used for holding down carpet.

Didn't take but a few minutes to try, although those glue crumbs are messy, they vacuum up. Seemed worth trying before contacting Giacamo's for a new one, particularly since cases aren't posted on their web site to view - tried the above over a year ago, seems to have worked without glue dust so far.

Good luck with it.

5. David P.

David P. TS Member

Dan at Giacomos, I believe, relines cases. Contact him. I have found the best way to make contact is by fax. He will return contact as he has time.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks to all for the great suggestions.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.