1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Grand American-88 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by double345, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double345

double345 TS Member

I have a Perazzi GA-88 in about 90% condition, and am "considering" parting with it but I cannot find the value. I talked to the guys at Perazzi during the world skeet shoot and they told me 6500$ However I just wanted to get some feedback from the guys that are actually shooting and buying guns. I dont really know much about the gun, like the history and why it was even named after the Grand American in 88? I guess I should have studied a lil longer before I impulsively purchased it, now Im just curious. Any Perazzi history buffs in the audience? let the heckling commence...

James

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Need more info. Like, combo, barrel lengths, chokes, wood dimensions, etc., etc...and most importantly, photos.

3. double345

double345 TS Member

haha, I guess pics and descriptions would help...its got 32" over under barrels, full and mod fixed chokes and I will try to post some pics, the last time I tried however I failed miserably.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'll post 'em

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

10 years ago my "88" was worth $6000, and it had excellant wood. I parted it out, but kept the frame. $6,500 is generous in today's market.

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

GA 88 has the same barrels as an MX 3 special. The only difference in the GA 88 and the MX3 sp is the 88 has the scallops on the side of the frame like the MX 8 frame.

7. Barry C. Roach

generous for who?

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

In todays market, you'll not get $6,500 for an GA 88 combo unless it is perfect with exceptional wood. There are other guns that are much more desired.

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Don't break his bubble! It's a heck of a good gun and it's worth what a buyer will pay. I owned one and have to say it was a better gun most of the competition at the time. And I sold mine for over $6500 when I sold it.

Big Jack

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

James.. History provides answers that present time does not.. The GA88 is one of the all time greats that Perazzi never should have dropped.. If you look at the MX3 Special.. its the same gun except for a MX8 receiver.. The MX3 Specials..with the plain sided receivers and the adjustable LOP triggers are much sought after today.. It was a easy gun to shoot..rib not to high.. and not to low.. Having said all this.. even in excellent condition.. the times we are now in make it difficult to get full value for a fine gun..

With the decline of our dollar.. you might get more tomorrow..but will that buy then what $6,000 will buy today..

I wish I was still in buy mode.. I have shot the GA88.. and thought the world of it..I'd be calling you.. Having said all that..You might consider keeping it.. You can't buy up from what you already have.. just newer.. and more expensive..

11. JTPTM1

JTPTM1 TS Member

i have an 88 combo and the barrel monoblock is square not rounded like an mx3. it seems to be an mx8 except for the writing on the side. the barrels interchange with my other mx8's. good gun just like the older mx 8's. built like a tank. made to last.joe

12. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It might be worth $5000 if it's 90%. But then, you still have to find a buyer.

Neil

13. rick979

rick979 Active Member

First question should have been....."Is it a COMBO??"

14. Barry C. Roach

He's never said. As described in the initial post it is just a 32" OU. Let us know because everybody else is talking about a Combo here.

15. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

JTPTM1- The GA88 barrels are the same as an MX3 special not and MX3.

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Double "dropped out"

17. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

GA88 was made to commemorate the Grand America event in '88, it kept on for only a few years, unlike the GA1 that ran for over a decade.

The original GA88 was a top single combo, typically 34/32 with medium high rib. The only difference from a MX-8 combo was the rib.

Early ones (till approx. '90) GA88 came with two trigger groups & two forends, the two forends were not interchangeable, later guns (before discontinued approx. '93) had internal selector on the trigger, and Perazzi moved back the barrel lug on the top single.

The earlier GA1 were more popular and desirable on today's market, our friend PBB point out the MX-3 Special's similarity with GA88, and MX-3 Special being much sought after today is because it's much lower price on the used market.

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He said just the O/U

90 percent? $3500-$4000

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- thats if no modifications to it

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

If its just an O/U.. and really in 90% condition..with a good locking bolt.. ready to break some birds.. I think Gene is about close for $4000 for a quick sale.. But if you wait..I think $4500/$4750 is not unreasonable..if its really clean..

It would part out like this Barrel...$2200 maybe as much as $2500
    receiver and iron....$1800
    trigger..........$500
    wood..........???????
    case..........?????

20. Barry C. Roach

Perazzi Big Bore. I have about 5 MX triggers. I'll sell all of them to you for $1,500/ea. and you can make a gross profit of $1,500. on the lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
grand american 88
grand american perazzi
perazii grand american 88

perazzi grand american

perazzi grand american 1 information
perazzi grand american 88
perazzi m-80 grand american