1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi grades of wood ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brayburn, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

Would anyone know the approximate increase in the cost between the grades of walnut. Cost of upgrading to SC0 grade of walnut as opposed to upgrading to SC3 grade of walnut ? Thank you Philip.

2. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

If your talking about a new gun and upgrading, probably around 2300 for sc3 vs standard and probably 3800-4200 for sco wood.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Factory upgrade is approx. +$2600 to SC3, and +$3800 to SCO retail.

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

My MX with factory wood had a the same grain as my dads old boat paddle . Seems to me on such a high dollar gun they would not use drift wood as entry wood.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've seen all the way from AAA FENCE POST to A BARN WOOD....always thought for the kind of $$'s they charge for their stuff a weee bit better wood wouldn't be too much to ask...

6. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

one time i was complaining about the quality of the wood to Giacomo and with his heavy accent he said "but it is quite serviceable".

7. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

That is true, it is too ugly to die or burn. Wood this ugly repels dings and would stay on the gun forever. Where is Big Earnie Ross, Perazzi needs you.

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Can anyone out there in the land of gun manufacturers,esp Krieghoff & Perazzi,explain why their fancy wood costs so very much more? It seems that cost the inletting,shaping,finishing & checkering would be the same for a cheap blank or a pricey one. I watch here on TS & see really nice blanks selling for $4-800 ea & yet these people are getting 3 to 5 times that for an upgrade that the TS blanks show. Tom Lobonc

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

They charge what they think they can get.....they get major discounts on the large volume of wood they buy and with modern CNC machinery and laser checkering, the hand work employed by a one off professional stockmaker doesn't enter into the equation IMHO.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

73. Is that how checkering is done these days? with a laser?

11. 682b

682b Member

Mia, let me speak to the Lazar checkering question. I have checked Remingtons new Lazar checkering. It's not bad, I like it a lot better than the old style pressed type. It is very sharp and serviceable. Anyone who cares about wood would prefer hand cut by a craftsman but for the average consumer it is better than before. It is also relatively inexpensive About 100.00 for a stock set for a 870. What other manufactures quality and prices are I cannot say. Well that was my two cents worth. Jim

Jack, I trust you made it through the flooding ok and all is well. Jim

12. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

excellent question, as iv'e always wondered that myself

13. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I think their wood suppliers know who they are and what they make,and charge them for it.
    On the other hand,perazzi makes shooting machines,and high figure wood will eventually get cracks from high volume shooting,perazzi doesnt want to deal with that.

14. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

My big issue with Perazzi wood is number 1, yes it could and should be nicer. I've been told that Mr Perazzi goes to Turkey to pick the wood and close the deal.

My bigger complaint is that the 3 pieces, in an adjustable stock model, don't match in most cases. My MX2000 looks like it came from 3 different trees hence I have a custom stock.

15. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

This is what I would like as entry wood from Perazzi but I must admit some of the finest engraving comes from Italy these days.
    oldoneeye_2008_030370.jpg

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I've never had any pretty wood from Perazzi but none have ever broken or cracked either.

17. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

brownst100_2008_23094.jpg

What grade of wood is this?

Vern

18. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

smith47_2008_21086.jpg

Here is how i got the wood i wanted.

ernie(middle)

19. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I think their wood suppliers know who they are and what they make,and charge them for it.
    On the other hand,perazzi makes shooting machines,and high figure wood will eventually get cracks from high volume shooting,perazzi doesnt want to deal with that.

20. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

My big issue with Perazzi wood is number 1, yes it could and should be nicer. I've been told that Mr Perazzi goes to Turkey to pick the wood and close the deal.

My bigger complaint is that the 3 pieces, in an adjustable stock model, don't match in most cases. My MX2000 looks like it came from 3 different trees hence I have a custom stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi wood grades

perazzi wood upgrades
why is perazzi wood finnish so bad