1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi - Forend Latch Plate Lever a Little Tight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UtahYork, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

I have a MX2000 with top single barrel and when I install the forend wood everything snaps together nicely. But, I've noticed that when I install my double barrel the latch plate lever stays open and I have to push it closed. Not very hard, but it doesn't close by itself like on the single barrel. Is there something I can adjust? Any barrel fitters out there?

York in Utah

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

It is OK. Time and usage will work out the problem. Not hard to figure out how to file the lug, but often (OFTEN) guys file too much. And metal is tough to put back on. Let the stubborn dog lie.

3. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

That is way more likely the fit of the wood against the bbl. If the gun doesn't take any more effort to open and close compared to the single bbl then the wood just needs to be relieved where it hits the bottom of the bbl.

Don't be whacking on the lug if it just a wood fit issue.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Obviously you're shooting the top single more. The under lug of your top single is settled in while your O/U is not.

To test: You can put a thin patch of felt at the tip of your top single barrel under the forearm wood, your latch will be as tight as your O/U.

5. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Thanks for all the input everyone! I'll try out a couple ideas. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

latch plate on a perazzi