1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi forearm stuck on gun Can

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I was going to try another barrel a bottom single type three.so I took off my Iron put it on another forearm and put my O/U barrel back on and I cannot get the forearm to come off when I flip the leaver on the forearm.My same barrel and steel just a different forearm wood.... How can I get it to open and come off????
    Stupid

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

It's going to be a Trick at Best...Had similar problem..may be able to help.
    By changing forend from one to the other..there must be the ever so slight position difference between the two..the new position..has positioned iron hook..Longer into engagement area of Release lever.

I solved same issue with business card inserted into..Both sides..between Action and forend iron......May Require card to be folded..to increase space.

Install cards and close action..Remove Stuck Forend.

Good Luck....Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart
    [​IMG]

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

That'll work in many cases too.

But you can also try push down (in) the front end of the iron WHILE pulling the latch, and use your whatever available fingers to push the wood forward off the barrel.

4. romie

romie Active Member

I love trap shooter.com I have been deer hunting all afternoon I was about to get the Hammer out or the hack saw. The card trick worked.
    Thanks
    Now I need to figure out what to do to make it fit
    Monty

5. flabigpapa

Glad to Help..will be Looking Forward to that Piece of Back Strap..lol. Bart

6. romie

romie Active Member

If you lived close I'd deliver
    Monty

7. flabigpapa

Thanks, Monty....North East Georgia Mts. Not Really Close to Anything..we sorta Like it That Way..lol, Bart

8. romie

romie Active Member

What do I need to do to make forearm fit I assume take a little wood off.I guess I am going to have to buy the barrel to try it. I can't need much if the size of a card worked.
    Monty

9. flabigpapa

Monty...Bailed you out Once...Have a Perazzi Smith fit Barrels and wood sets..will save you Money and or Grief in the End.

It maybe something very easy..as in one thing..or a combination of several things.

Signed... Fellow Perazzi Idiot

10. romie

romie Active Member

I would be the perfect person for it to happen to.It has happened before with me, mud and anything with a motor.Swearing that if the lord would get me out of this one it would never happen again and again and again.
    thanks for the free advise
    Monty

11. romie

romie Active Member

By the way you knew I was going to do it but I snaped on the forearm on the new unsingle and it is too loose. I guess I will have to get iron to fit the unsingle wood and my reciever..I think
    Monty

12. flabigpapa

Forend irons have change out block...Smith will set up to Loose set for Correct Fit..and Adjust accordingly the other sets of Barrels.

When barrels are to Tight...it's a Matter of Knowing WHAT to FILE and or Adjust

Pylinski Arms has done many sets for me..804-357-2393

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fitting perazzi forend

forend adjustment on perazzi

how to fit a perazzi forearm

perazzi forend stuck

perazzi forend stuck on barrel

pylinski arms