1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Fixed Chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Jun 13, 2013.

1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Looking to purchase a Perazzi unsingle. I have a choice of two.......one with fixed full choke, the other with choke tubes.........what kind of patterns can I expect from a fixed choke?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My TMX has factory choke tubes and the #8 tube measures .035 constriction with a .728 bore size and produces excellent 27 yard Handicap patterns at 40 yards. My MX-3 Doubles gun has fixed chokes with .728 bore size and .042 and .028 constrictions and also produces excellent long range patterns. You should send a PM to Neil Winston and ask about the fixed Full compared to Briley choke tubes.

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fixed.......less to clean and mess with.

4. In plain view

In plain view Member

miketmx: It's no big thing but are you sure you have a 728 bore, using #8 tube and have a constriction of 35? Only reason I'm commenting is that my TMX has a bore of 726 and if I use a #8 tube that gives me a 32 constriction. You sure your constriction is 34 instead of 35? Bob

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Bob, I have measured the bore-size several times and with different barrel readers so the .728 is accurate. I bought the TMX used about 26 years ago and it was ported by Pro-Port when I got it - maybe it was backbored a little. I use my factory #6 choke tube for Singles and it measures .028 constriction when it should be .024.

Search tags for this page

parazzi fixed full choke

perazzi fixed choke options

perazzi fixed chokes