1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi fixed choke barrel question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by loanman, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loanman

loanman Active Member

Trying to understand Perazzi's fixed choke barrels. I have a barrel with the .736 bore that is claimed to be a MOD/MOD from Perazzi but the barrel mics at .025/.025. Shouldn't that be Impoved Modified?

can someone help explain Perazzi's choke calculations and constrictions?

if someone has a mod barrel can you tell me what your's mics at?

thank you for your help

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It's a tight modified.

I have a fixed choke Beretta barrel that are supposed to be IM/F. The IM mic's at .032 and the F at .042. Close I guess.

ss

3. Guy

Guy Member

F = .40

IM = .30

M = .20

IC = .10

Sk2 = .05

Sk1 = .03

"I have a barrel with the .736 bore that is claimed to be a MOD/MOD from Perazzi but the barrel mics at .025/.025."

You must mean the chokes mic .025/.025....so, tight mod or light IM. You choose.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

WGH were did those standard numbers come from? I've seen them listed that way and other ways. Just curious.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Factory barrel????? If it's an older one, sounds like it's been backbored .005 or so...

6. loanman

loanman Active Member

it is a fix choked barrel but yes it mic .025/.025.

I called Perazzi USA and they say a Mod can range from .016-.023. that seems like a big variance

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My Perazzi MX-15L has a bore of .725 but it has tubes, I use the #8 Tube which is fell choke and the #10 is EXTRA-FULL .040.=.685
    The #8 =.032 which equals .693 Full Choke

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Guy

Guy Member

I think they started playing with choke designations about the time steel shot showed up. Just use actual constrictions, and you'll be fine.....the use of full and modified means different things to different people.

Gary likes to consider 32 thou a full choke.....I'd call it IM.

You probably know the Italians use a number system for chokes...each increasing number is 4 thou.....so a #8 tube is 32 thou. Also, they stamp the barrels on the side, just ahead of the chamber....* means 9/10 and/or 10/10, ** means 8 and 7/10, *** means 6,5, or 4/10, and **** means 3,2, or 1/10.....so even they allow a variance at each symbol. These marks really just give you another way to check choke originality, along with the bore stamp.

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The best way to check on the choke for me is to shoot patterns. What the mike shows is what you have in constriction what the paper shows is what you get. Then you have to shoot it with different shells also. Most barrel smiths usually never go more than 36 thousands to get full even patterns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are perazzi fixed chokes tight
erazzi chokes
parazzi fixed choke
perazzi choke
perazzi choke constrictions

perazzi choke markings

perazzi fixed choke markings

perazzi fixed chokes