1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Fans

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Westie, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

As a novice, I'm considering buying my first Perazzi. Can I go somewhere and get fitted before I buy, like a person apparently can do with a Kolar? Assuming the fit is correct, which model would you buy for shooting singles and doubles? I live in central Illinois. If I can't travel far to purchase, can I get fitted at the Grand this summer? Thanks.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, don[t' everyone jump in here at once...

Westie. Take a road trip and go see Ray Stafford. If anyone can fix you up, he can.

Perazzi regular stocks are a bit easier to adjust to thna others. If you are anywhere near a normal perosn then he can get you set up wiht a new stock. His prices for new guns are fair and he seems t always have a decint seleciton.

The new stcok series that Perazzi has is very attractive. Andeasy for a shooter to adjust to. Most do. I shoot regular dimensions and can in a Perazzi and struggle with a Kolar

Jack

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jack, if he was any way near a "normal" person he wouldn't be shooting trap, and he sure as heck wouldn't be asking for my advice! (LOL) Westie be thankful that Jack answered early, he gave you as good advice as you're going to get. Good luck and shoot often while we can, Bob

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Depend on if you like adjustable features on some of the models, you want O/U or combo.

The ultimate ATA singles model is MX-15, it has the most adjustments (6 notches) among all models. But it originally came as unsingle only. You may add an O/U barrel to shoot doubles.

If you want adj. features on O/Us, MX-10 has adj. ribs on both O/U & singles. MX-10 for top single combo or MX-10RS for unsingle combo. But MX-10 only gives you 4 notches to adjust.

If you don't need adj. rib, or combos, a MX-8 O/U in ATA configuration will do.

Perazzi made over a dozen "standard" non adj. factory stocks to fit 95% of the shooters, plus factory adj. stocks for another 4%. As for the rest of the 1%, get a PFS.

I suggest you obtain a factory catalogue to check configurations and dimensions. All details are in writing with pictures.

5. Westie

Westie Member

Thanks for the help and advise. Can you tell me how to contact Ray Stafford?

6. joehunter

joehunter Member

Give Dan a call at Giacomo Sporting too. They will be at the Grand as well to fit you.

Joey

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Yeah. I agree wiht Joe too.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Bring some shells for the practice traps.. Try to get to Sparta early.. Dan can take care of the rest..

9. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Please take the time to drive north to Racine, Wisconsin and go talk to the folks at Kolar. You are so close, within a few hours drive. Information and knowledge are forever. You don't have to buy. But you owe it to yourself to be an informed purchaser when you make that final decision.

Everyone that I have ever talked with have said that the guys at Kolar are;

(1) very helpful and will go the extra mile for you.

(2) That they are willing to work with anyone to make the experience one of the best things that you can do for your shooting.

And you would wind up with a made in the USA very high quality shotgun custom built to you!!

You might also want to think about service and the ability to get quick servicing done.... really... they all require service.

I am not saying that the P gun is not as fine a shotgun as the Kolar, I am saying that you live very close to some folks that can help you compile more information on making a purchase of a semi expensive, top of the line shotgun.

Giving you more info to work with-- If you go and visit Kolar you will walk away with some very interesting and important infomation. And in my opinion, you just might walk out the door with a totally custom fitted shotgun that you will love.

JMHO (Kolar will be my next shotgun)(Yeah p and K-off guns are excellent too.)

Philip Santos,

Capt. (Ret.)
    "Team Budweiser"

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

go see stu wright in pickneyville illinois. he sells perazzi,s..www.wrightsgunsmiths.com. just down the road a bit.dwain

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I would suggest you go to the Missouri State Shoot. Lot's of gun vendors and lots of people with good stock fitting experience. Everything under the sun will be there...... and it will be at the beginning of the shooting season, not the end. Win Win.

12. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

From your post it sounds like you are looking at a new gun. In that case, go to Dan at the Grand and get fitted right. I spent about an hour or so out in California last fall getting fitted at Perrazi. Was a ton of fun. After the new gun arrived it took me forever to get used to it. It fit right! Worth every penny I spent.

Hal

13. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Oh by the way.., don't forget your wallet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.