1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Factory Extended Choke Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by loanman, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loanman

loanman Active Member

I have a new factory choked Perazzi barrel and I am shooting the factory extended chokes. the barrel is a 143XXX serial barrel and is stamped 18.7

when I was cleaning my factory extended chokes I realized one of the chokes is stamped 18.4 and the rest are stamped 18.7 matching the barrel

I am wondering if Perazzi stamped this choke wrong or if I was given a 18.4 choke instead of the 18.7 by mistake

are these extended factory chokes new for Perazzi and did they only come out with the 18.7 barrels or do they make these for the 18.4 barrels as well?

the choke that is stamped 18.4 is my #6 which ironically is my favorite of the set but what I am wondering is if this choke is in fact for a 18.4 barrel and I am shooting it in a 18.7 barrel what is the true constriction of this choke? is it still a MOD/Light Improved Mod?

thanks in advance for your responses

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

nominal #6 is .024 constriction, 18.4 bore is .010 smaller than 18.7 bore, effective constriction is then .034, or full choke. To be safe, compare entry diameters to make sure that ID is big enough for the 18.7 bore

3. loanman

loanman Active Member

thank you for the info EuroJoe, the choke fit perfect in the barrel and in fact I have been shooting it for months and just now realized it was stamped 18.4, it fits just as good as the 18.7 stamped chokes

do you think it is stamped incorrectly? do you know if they made these extended silver steel chokes for the 18.4 barrel?

when did Perazzi stop producing the 18.4 barrels?

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

loanman: thds the same for both gen4 tubes.
    Question 1:I doubt it. #2 probably, #3 not sure they have.
    Steve W ? can you help??

5. loanman

loanman Active Member

thanks again EuroJoe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.