1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Factory Chokes - Use or Replace?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Boz, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boz

Boz TS Member

Need input from our experts. On the way, New MX2000 o/u - 30" x 18.7mm bore barrels, adj. top rib - will be used predominately for DTL at 15m (15yd), doubles and handicap up to 21m (21yd) sorry guys this is Australia - metric not imperial, could also be used for skeet to lesser extent. It's fitted with flush screw-in factory chokes(assume selection of sizes). Are they any good or is it advisable to change out for after market chokes? (i.e. Teague/Briley etc. s/s or titanium) Your comments/advice would be appreciated.
    Chris F

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At those distances I can't imagine you could ever tell the difference even if there is any, which I doubt. When I get time, I'm going to compare the Teagues I have waiting for use with Beretta Optima and will report the results here. I'll alert Andrew Jones to this thread since he sent me a hint that he's found something good.

Neil

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine imports Perazzis from Europe on a regular basis and he usually gets them with Teague chokes. I've never found it to be a mistake to buy aftermarket chokes as they always pattern well. Having said that, my factory Kolar tubes pattern very well. I personally prefer extended chokes over flush. I guess my suggestion would be to see how the factory chokes pattern on targets and paper, since you already paid for them. Enjoy your new gun. Bill Malcolm

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

First you have already done the right thing. You bought the gun from Perazzi with FACTORY chokes. They will be installed correctly and will provide great performance. I have see too many aftermarket choke tube installations that changed the point of impact.

You now have that ability to buy an use what you want. Yes... the Perazzi chokes may be great but might find chokes from some of the aftermarket vendors great as well. Take your time and evaluate some of the alternatives.

TB

5. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Does Teague make Perazzi chokes? I can't find any on his website.

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Wow...my mileage varies, considerably.

My unsingle came with factory installed choke tubes...I shot them for a year, and was breaking targets, but the breaks were soft - I could barely inkball a target on a bet.

A buddy has the indentical gun - and he has briley choke tubes in it...shot a couple rounds with those, and the difference was night and day on the breaks.

I don't know why it worked...I've never measured a thing on either barrel or tube...I just know the breaks got a lot better.

jeff

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My TMX was made in 1982 and has factory chokes which provide very good patterns. When I owned a Browning Citori I compared the patterns of factory choke tubes with aftermarket tubes and found the patterns to be very similar as long as the constrictions were the same.

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

If you want to put different chokes in the Perazzi threads go ahead. But, don't touch the barrels. Unless you want to reduce the gun's value about 20%.

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Use the Perazzi chokes....they are as good or better than any after market ones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.