1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Eye Candy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

OK OK just one more time this week. This is a Perazzi MX-15 unsingle. The wood is English Walnut and it was a left over rifle stock blank we had laying around. The blank did not show any grain like how it turmed out. So I guess you never can be to sure what is under the surface until it is cut. Thank you for taking a look, the guys and Cindy appreciate the comments.

Dennis & The Crew

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=jeff_perazzi_1.jpg" target="_blank"> jeff_perazzi_1.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=jeff_perazzi_2.jpg" target="_blank"> jeff_perazzi_2.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=jeff_perazzi_4.jpg" target="_blank"> jeff_perazzi_4.jpg </a>

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

That's a beautiful stock!

3. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

If this is going to my buddy Jeff? I think he will be real happy with the results. Well worth some extra time.

Another great looking stock from the folks at DeVaults!!!!

Matt Nicol

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Great looking ! That must have been an extra wide rifle blank. Jeff

5. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Left over wood from a rifle stock? Hmmm, did something like that happen to a certain 20 gauge Beretta 391 Dennis? Yep, I am the proud owner of that one....You guys are incredible to put out such beautiful work.....Pete LaBella

6. Dennis DeVault

Thank you Pete,

Honestly we are very rarely fooled by what a piece of wood will look like but the blank this stock was made from sat here for over 2 years. It showed nothing until we started cutting into it. There were at least 7 people that saw that blank and just kept putting it down. I guess you never know what is under the surface. Thanks to everyone that has taken the time to look.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! How do you decide how much pitch you put in a custom stock, Dennis.

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Hi, Pete.

Was lucky to spend some time dealing with a mutual friend, Sam.

I joked about the wine is simply getting more aged.

Whiz

9. Dennis DeVault

Hi Barry,

The pitch is det4ermined at the time of the fitting. The pitch is an angled measurement to fit the pocket of the shoulder. It is different for every person and has to be determined at the time of fitting. Thank you for the question, for more info go to our web site and look at the past newsletters page there is plenty of info explaining what we do during fitting.

Dennis DeVault

10. checker

checker Member

DD,
    What do finger grooves look like from FRONT of grip?
    Gary Stallard here in town could sure use a call from you......Big C marches on.

11. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

That stock gives the impression that it is a real pleasure to shoulder and shoot. It's got to feel great.
    dju

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.