1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$$ Perazzi Eye-Candy $$$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Just wanted to show that we are an equal opportuntiy stock maker. This is for a customer in the Chicago area that shootsd sporting clays. I wanted him to get a look before the gun arrives. I hope that he likes it. The wood is burl Turkish walnut and the barrel has a delrin rib to get the shooters head upright. My compliments to my crew and lovely wife for the checkering. Enjoy

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=perazzigrip.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=perazzistock1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=perazzistock2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=perazziforend1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=perazziforend2-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I believe the hip term is SICK.

Nice job Dennis. The photo of the right side really shows off the wood - beautiful.

3. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

Is it just me or is there a small blemish on the bottom of the stock by the pad in the last picture? Maybe I'm just seeing things. Either way, great job Dennis.

4. Dennis DeVault

The blemish is from the camera and inproper lighting. We take all of our photos inside which is not good. I am going to have to set up a better area to take pictures. But thank you for having a look.

Dennis DeVault

5. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Hey Dennis,
    How much do you charge to refinish a stock and forearm with the Glosssssy finish, (like in the pictures)?

6. Dennis DeVault

A refinish job to make your gun look like the above is $ 500.00

Dennis DeVault

7. Timber1

Timber1 TS Member

It's just to bad that the sale of that wood did not help support an american logging family....... happy 4th....:(

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi Dennis: Have a question for you. I had an chance to have a custome made stock with some burled Turkish like yours. It was crazy burled. The stock maker talked me out of it. He said that there wasn't enough straight grain for strength, nervous it would crack. He would use it for an exibition type gun. Any thoughts? Hard to say without seeing the blank. Thanks, Dave T.

9. Guy

Guy Member

Dave: You can usually steal a blank that has alot of burl.....everyone knows it's not any good for making a stock.....but there is a way to make it work....and the results can be spectacular.

I had a stick of claro burl, looked like 1" salmon eggs from front to back. I sent it to K & G Finishing Supplies - 1972 Forest Ave. - Lakeside, Az. 85929 520-537-8877

They will put your wood in a chamber, and under I don't know how many thousand pounds of pressure, will impregnate the entire blank with a resin that "stabilizes" the wood for eternity. Knife makers use this alot when making handles. They can actually use colored resin also, for alittle different look.

Anyway, it makes the blank very heavy, but your stocker can hollow it out to balance. K & G charges by the finished pound.....it's been 6 or 7 years, but it cost me $75. to have both blank and forend pieces stabilized. Your stocker may not enjoy the process though.

So now I have the finest looking M12 20 gauge you've ever seen. Drop me an email, and I'll send you a pic.

Guy Hungerford

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Anyone can see this is a great piece of wood. But look at the finish Dennis has put on this gun. Look at the metal to wood fit and look at the way the checkering "fits" the shape. It is very difficult to take a checkering pattern designed for a standard shape and make it look like it belongs on the irregular shape this stock has. Great piece of work, but then every stock that I have seen of Dennis's is like this.

Mark Zauhar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.