1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%% Perazzi Eye Candy %%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a customer waiting to see these photos and I promised thay would be up today. The gun is a Perazzi MX-15 combo set with Royal Walnut that came from Mike Mann. I think the wood came out beautiful and the badge in the bottom of the grip cap is a retired Army Defense Artillery Division shooter. God bless our military service men and women. I hope that he likes the finished product and shoots it well. Thank you for taking a look and thanks to my crew they are the best.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Dennis,
    that is one nice piece of work!!! Way to pretty for an old retired 1SG like Jake to be shooting... I know he will really enjoy it and is really looking forward to breaking it in... Once again, think you guys out did yourselves..

Van

P.S. May have to pull rank and test fire it!! LOL

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

HOLY SMOKE Dennis and crew!!! Way beyond my wildest dream. Man can't wait to get Baby to the range. Guys both Sarah and I went for fittings and we both got our wood from Mike Mann. Had both sent to Dennis, when I asked him what he thought of my wood he said it was nice but the piece for Sarah was really nice. Will be a delightful wait to see hers. Dennis and Crew again thanks for your wonderful work. Jake

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Wood to metal fit looks exceptional...note the work around the fore-end latch....

good job Crew!

milt

5. pweld

pweld TS Member

Jake if you can shoot that thing just half as good as it looks I am in trouble!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Welden

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Dennis:

Stunning work for sure, but is the extreme pitch & toe-out an optical illusion?

-Gary

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Paul, hold on baby, that thing fits like a glove. Trouble should be here Friday.

Gary, I know you posed the question to Dennis, and I'm sure he'll reply, but, no illusion. If you were to see the drop and pad kant on my Kolar it would make sense. The stock is made to fit. If you think that is extreem, wait untill you see Sarahs. Jake

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'd love to see a low-angle picture of the gun laying on its side on that flat shelf.

-Gary

9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

It's not extreme pitch if you are shooting with erect posture. Most people are used to leaning foreward and crawling into the stock to fit to the gun.
    Last summer in Florida I was walking with my gun over my shoulder when a well known gun fitter asked me why I had so much pitch on my gun?

10. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Very nice. I love the wood.

11. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I look forward to every single one of these posts from DeVault and company!

12. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

Another outstanding job by an outstanding crew. I'm sure your client will be amazed the first time that set gets out in the sunlight. The dramatic black stripe almost looks like a little English influence through the Royal Walnut base colors.

If anyone wants to see the blank, look at Royal Walnut Shotgun #35 on the White Creek website.

Mike Mann

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

To GW22,

Yes the toe is extreme along with the downpitch. I build what the shooter requires and not what shooters think it should look like. During the time here he shot for three days and he shot 350 shells, singles, handicap & doubles. This was done at three different clubs to be sure that we had the pattern right for him and that there was no pain or discomfort to the body in any way. Shooting doubles will usually tell me the story about a gun fit due to all the movement that a shooter makes when shooting the 2 targets. Can he stay in the gun and is the shooter being consistant from shot to shot. The grip is down to allow the hand to be straight and the finger in line with the trigger not raked down the side of the receiver. Doing that allows the trigger finger to pull rather than lift the trigger. Hope that this answers the question and gives the reason why we do what we do. Thank you for the inquiry.

Dennis DeVault

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Thanks Dennis.

-Gary

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

16. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

WOW! That's a beautiful job, Dennis! Jake, I'm looking forward to seeing this one at the club! That is absolutely beautiful!

Bob

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Well fellas Baby made it home today and off to the range we went, out of the case, 3rd round went straight! Shoots as good as it looks! YOWEE! Dennis I'm estatic. Thanks again for the wonderful job. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.