1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

&& Perazzi Eye Candy &&

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Welcome to another edition of Eye Candy. The gun below is a Perazzi and the owner was wanting to see it before he gets it tomorrow. The wood was supplied by Mike Mann and is Royal Walnut. The stock features the grip cap in Ebony with a 1916 $ 10.00 Gold Coin. Finger grips and the delrin add-on rib were also added to the single barrel. The checkering was done by Cindy and the crew did an outstanding job on the fit and finish of the wood. Thank you for taking a look it is really appreciated.

Dennis, Cindy & The Crew

dennisdevault_2008_0303118.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303119.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303120.jpg

dennisdevault_2008_0303121.jpg

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Beautiful, as always.

3. perazzitmxshooter

perazzitmxshooter Member

Looks like a 1913 gold piece to me.

4. setool

setool Member

I know someone who should be "VERY EXCITED" to see this Beauty !!!

Mark Schneider

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Very nice work, but I think the gold coin is a little older the 1916. regardless it a nice looking gun.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Ya, YOU Mark! Nice job.

Worst part is that it ain't gonna work pheasant hunting ;-)!

WW

7. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

What lovely work, lovely wood. Lucky owner!

8. Dennis DeVault

You know it is hell to get old, I took the pictures myself and forgot the date when I posted. Forgive me for being forgetful. Thanks again for taking a look.

Dennis DeVault

9. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Yea!!! Good man Dennis.....Keep us all drooling again showing us these exceptional beautiful guns.....This one is really stunning.....I'm glad I own one of your gorgeous shotguns...........Pete LaBella

10. setool

setool Member

I'm thinking I may have to send this baby back to Dennis for some re-work... Something MUST be wrong with it, because he said he took "ALL THE MISSES OUT OF IT" !!! I know it couldn't be me, so ????? (LOL).

In all honesty, and I'm no bragger, but the crew up there in Canton, Ohio hit a grand slam, IMHO.

Dennis, Cindy, ane the crew, my deepest "THANKS" for your wonderful craftsmanship !!! You guy's are simply, "THE BEST" !!!

Mark

11. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

The only way Dennis can take all the misses out of it will cost you that fine Perazzi, He would have to give it to Leo...Nice touch with the Gold Coin and a really nice hunk of wood.

12. setool

setool Member

The $10.00 1913 was my Dad's. He wore it every day as a necklace. Dad passed in 1993, 59 years young. With him having 6 grandkids, I didn't know how to equally divide it up.... so I got real stingy and kept it. Told em', "Ya wan'na fight ??? (lol)

Mark

13. Dennis DeVault

Hey Mark,

I am glad that you gave that last post. We have had several people ask me why anyone would put a Gold coin in the grip cap and now we all know. That is really cool and a great way to keep your Dad's memory close to you when you shoot. Thank you again and I wish you many years of shooting success.

Dennis DeVault

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great job Dennis & crew!! Nothing like having a great fitted stock with meaning!

Hap

15. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

This is the first of the Royal Walnut sets that we harvested a number of years ago in Red Bluff, California. As the first finished stock set from this batch of trees, I think it speaks volumes about the color, figure and stripe that's in the rifle and 2-piece sets that came out of this orchard. More for your viewing pleasure at www.whitecreekgunstockblanks.org.

Mark, send me a reminder of which blank this came from (number or letter) and I'll post pics of the blank, if I still have them, so folks can try to correlate the look of the blank to the finished result. If you don't mind.

Dennis and crew, fantastic work as always.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC

16. setool

setool Member

Hi Mike,

Glad you seen what Dennis did to your blank... Pretty cool, huh ?

I bought the blank set from you here on TS.com. Your original listing was on March 3rd. The wood is a hybrid of Eastern Black and Western Claro, and you state it has characteristics of Bastogne. The set came as lettered "R". Hope this helps, I'm sure a proud poppa of this gem !

Mark S.

17. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

This is what Royal blank R looked like before it was accosted by Dennis DeVault and his Crew. In this case, the final product did have a significant likeness to the square it started as. I'm really pleased that everyone is happy. That's the way it should be.

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Regards and Good Shooting to all,

Mike Mann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.