1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi extended choke tubes/opinions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by winchesterAA, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Hi,
    Im looking for opinions on Perazzi factory extended choke tubes,The tubes that come with the backbored guns like the MX 2000, 18.6 bore or something like that. Do you think any of the aftermarket chokes are better? Like Comp n Choke, Brileys, Rhinos etc. Thank You Richie

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I would be interested to know this as well....I have heard positives (Perazzi and Krieghoff make the best OEM chokes for their guns) and negatives( Perazzi chokes don't pattern the best).

I will pattern my MX8 when I get it back from Giacomo but I have had great success with CompNChoke tubes in other guns, especially for taming some of the recoil out of the heavy loads I use for long shots.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have a MX2000 with factory C/Ts. I shoot a lot of 7/8oz loads. With sub 1250 fps loads I found a good bit of a hot core in the patterns.

I patterned Perazzi,AnglePort unported,Trulocks, and Comp N Choke tubes. I patterened .10 and .15 tubes in all brands(.08 and .16 in Perazzi). Patterened at 25 and 35 yds. In shooting these patterns I found the Comp N Chokes gave the most even patterns with this load and helped minimize the hot core. Trulocks and Perazzi both were about the same but, had a much fringed pattern with lots of core. The AnglePorts gave the most patchy patterns in both .15 and.10. I did not feel like the Comp N Chokes did anything for recoil but they did throw more even patterns with my load.

4. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

This set of Wrights chokes has been sold.

Thanks for the interest,

Gregg

5. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.