1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Experts...?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by droptine, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droptine

droptine TS Member

I get to shoot a friends TMX once in awhile, and really like it. I would like to own one myself soon. I have also always thought a combo set was the way to go, yet never actually owned one. My question is this...what is the difference in a TMX and a DB-81 besides the fact that the DB-81 is offered as a combo?

thanks, Eric

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Eric... The DB-81 is, indeed, the closest thing you will ever get to a TMX "combo". Both are exceptional guns, and, for my money, the DB-81 is the finest "off the shelf" gun ever built by Perazzi. Yeah, I'm a little biased since I own a DB-81 myself. I have had just about every P gun made, at one time or another, and the DB-81 combo or the MX-3 Special combo are as good as they come!..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If you like top singles.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Add in the MX-10 Top sgl to the equation. I have owned all 3. I was never able to shoot the DB-81 due to the inherent flat shooting of all the MX top singles. I am just now getting to be consistent with the MX-10. I shoot 100% high at 32 yd.s. The stock adjustment on the DB could never get me that high. Another option, buy a decent MX-8 combo, have Moneymaker put either their adjustable rib or a rib to shoot your POI then have adjustable comb fit. This option would probably be cheaper than a DB for a fixed rib or an MX-10 if you went for the adjustable rib.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.