1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Ejector Sticking. What To Do?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brucestorey, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

My Perazzi MX3 Special's lower ejector just started to stick on occasion. The top ejector works as it should all of the time, but the bottom will sometimes stick, so I have to pull the shell out with my finger nail. A couple of times when I was pulling the shell out, the ejector decided to release at the same time, giving my finger a pretty good smack.

What's going on with it and how do I fix it? I haven't tried anything yet. I don't know how to remove the extractors, so if this can be explained to me, I will be grateful.

Thanks,

Bruce

2. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

A poster on another site explained it well, except you could use a pin or thin nail to remove the bushing. It may not be the ejector but the ejector rod.

"Standing in front of your work bench, compress the ejector by pressing it against the edge or corner of the bench. Once it is fully compressed, you can use a magnet to pull out the bushing that you will see embedded in the monobloc. Then, VERY SLOWLY release the pressure on the ejector and it will slip off the barrel. Go in reverse to reinstall.

Be sure to wear safety glasses whenever dealing with compressing and releasing powerful springs."

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

It could be due to using discount shells with steel heads. They will stick in many barrels.

Pat Ireland

4. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

You can use a magnet , instead of a pin to lift the ejector keeper out , It works real well

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The shell base expansion after shot discharge might cause your occasional problem.

If you experience the same problem with different shells, remove your ejector to inspect and dry oil or foreign objects got in the slot. Or you have a bend ejector (in rare case).

Push your ejector against a solid wood bench with the questioned ejector facing up till you see the retaining disk, use a paper clip or magnet to lift it out, HOLD the barrel, the ejector is under full spring tension now.

Slowly back out the barrel, the ejector, spring, AND plunger will come out.

Wipe the ejector clean, insert it back into the slot without the spring and plunger, see if it moves free and smooth, if it does, it's the shell base.

Good luck.

6. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Thanks for all of the replies and PMs, gentlemen.

The fix was quite simple. The problem was just a little bit of crud under the right ejector sear on the forend. All I had to do was clean it up a little.

Bruce

7. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

It's threads like this that make me smile. Shooter has a problem, other shooters give great advice and the problem is solved. Saved the guy a few bucks, but more importantly he's shooting his shotgun now and not waiting for a smith to "repair"...Thanks guys...Larry Lockhart

8. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

HDLLLIII,

You are correct. I can always count on fellow shooters to lend good advice.

I have asked many questions, and have learned much more than I really needed to (but glad I did) by asking questions.

Something I always try to do is post the sloution to my original problem after everything is worked out. It is too often that I see people asking for help or advice -- they get lots of tips, tricks and fixes suggested to them, only to never come back and tell everybody how it all ended up. Even worse, they don't come back to say thank you.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ejector sticks perazzi tmx
how to clean ejectors on perazzi

perazzi ejector timing

perazzi top ejector sticking