1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi ejector help!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aussie Dan, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Hi guys,

Gave my MX5 a good clean out the other day, including pulling out the circular ejector retainers, ejector guides and springs for a clean, boy was there some crap in there.

I put a little gun grease on the guide and springs before putting it back together, now all cleaned up I have noticed the top barrel ejector isn't throwing the shells out as good as the bottom one?

Maybe the grease is slowing it up? Or the ejector is clipping the circular retainer on its way past. Any suggestions?

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Weak spring perhaps?? The circular ejector retainers (donut) should be flush or below the ejector slide unless there's so much grease under it that it can't seat properly. May be a timing problem, but doesn't really sound like that.

I'm sure there are some Perazzi gurus on here that can give you a better solution than I have.

Good luck,
    Dave

3. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Spring seemed fine before I touched it!!!

Perhaps I put the bottom spring and guide in the top? But they look exactly the same?

4. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

When I got my MX3special combo 23 years ago I cut 4 loops off of each ejector spring in the two barrel set. A good friend of mine and a Perazzi person told me you don't need to throw the empties 20+ feet. Plus the ejecting at warp speed just decreases the life of the ejector itself.

I would suggest you either try switching the springs in the barrel, if that doesnt work buy two new slings cut at least 4 loops off and be happy.

Ron

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Grease is not necessary for those springs. A light spray of oil if you must put something on, but even that isn't really needed. The grease is gumming up the spring, and preventing it from performing to its full potential. Take everything apart, clean it up good, put it back together, and you'll be good to go.

Also, if the ejector keepers on the Perazzi are like the ones on the kolar, there's a flat side, and a convex side. The convex side faces out.

6. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Cheers, I only greased it up as I noticed wearing/scrape marks on the side of the spring and the metal spring guide.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Absolutely no grease on any part of the ejectors. Use light oil only. And a very small drop.

I have pretty good luck with BreakFree CLP.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What STEVEW said.

GB
    DLS

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Grease deleted, thanks lads!!!

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

KEEP the INSIDE of the ejector(s) clean. At the inside of the 90º of the ejector, behids its face, debris builds up from oil and powder residue. After repeated opensing and closing with this residue build up, you can start a fracture point, and then the ejector simply breaks at the 90º.

It is a good idea to remove the ejector(s) annually, and thoroughly clean then, the springs, plungers, and spring cavity, then to as Steve W stated: LIGHTLY OIL the area.

WW

11. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvczZ0ZgrIY

Copy/paste above link into adress bar
    not in inglis,but shows a cool tecknique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

weak ejectors on perazzi

curing weak perazzi ejectors

how to clean ejectors on perazzi

how to rebuild a perazzi ejector

perazzi bottom barrel ejector not working

perazzi ejector

perazzi ejector not working

perazzi ejector removal