1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Distribution

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blackfoot, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I have wondering why a number of very good gun dealers have seemed to have dropped Perazzi or at least are not stocking them anymore. Namely,Jaqua's,Paxton Arms,and I can't remmber the name(big Beretta dealer in the midwest:nice guy!)
    Is this because of product quality or? Anyone have an opinion or insight?

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would guess that with what the exchange rates are that most cannot afford to keep any of them expensive guns on the shelf and they have not specifically dropped the line but just instead not stocking any of the guns.

3. msmith

msmith Member

When Perazzi dumped the MXBs I bought 2 for $3850. Ended up selling both for an easy $1500 profit and I used both for 2 years. I wished they would do it again. Mike

4. 3DHC

3DHC Member

For what it's worth, several dealers told me that Perazzi does not treat them all the same.

Some would get favored pricing and better wood while others didn't.

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what the Lumper said! God, he's brilliant!

6. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Coming from the alcohol beverage industry that has a strict "three tier system",( supplier, distributor, retailer), where the supplier cannot directly sell to the retailer, I cannot appreciate why a manufactuer would partner with a distributor and then set up "master dealers" which compete with your distributor channel.You lose power with your distributor, that has far greater market reach than an independent retailer, and you cannot control pricing and brand imaging.
    Perazzi strikes me as a brand that has not continued to properly invest in the US market,(factory service, consistent pricing, and proper inventory levels), and has drained the brand equity to the point that compeitors like Kolar are taking chunks of market share.But , if you are a global sales and marketing company and the US market is declining or never was a significant player for your company, why continue to invest.
    BB

7. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Lumper and brilliant in the same sentence. Wow. Way to go Lump.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The only thing you can count on with Perazzi is that the leaf springs will break. HMB

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

And that the leaf springs can be easily changed. Jake

10. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

Also,I ubderstand the amound ot inventory they expect a person to carry is not always sustanable on the market
    Jack

11. remington32

remington32 TS Member

Do these same dealers stock Kreighoff, Kolar and not Perazzi?

If you had "dealers" that won't stock, then you don't need dealers IMO.

Might as well sell "direct", take the extra margin and hire some people.

These are small "numbers" sold per year.

You can buy Perazzi's with coil springs.

12. doug gray

doug gray TS Member

Of course Browning, Beretta and Kreighoff treat all there dealers the same with pricing etc. Must be why GU can sell XT's cheaper than most distributors and has the exclusive on XT unsingle combos. JE is the only one who has the 687 combo. Those who offer direct sales even compete with their dealers. Dealers must really love that.
    Several companies will cut a dealer off of for discounting below Minimum Allowed Advertized Pricing; Good for them as it helps dealers protect some assembelance of margin. Others don't care once the dealer has paid for the gun, they got their money and the factory moveout numbers.

Dealers need to make a fair profit, they aren't providing the store & service for us to just congregate in.

Perazzi makes a very fine gun and I proudly shoot one as do many others. HLG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.