1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi DB81

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bling 27, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bling 27

bling 27 Member

Can anyone give me any information on one of these guns. I don't know anything about them but I saw one I liked. Are they worth the price? Thanks for any advice.

2. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

You didn't mention if the gun you're looking at is a single, over/under or combo. I have a 32 in. over/under and I really like it. It is well put together and tight. Hinged well and a great trigger. The only complant that I have is the weight. Its a little on the heavy side, but again, mine is a double barrel. If you able to hold the weight, it should be no problem. The price, only you can decide if its worth it.

Shoot well.
    Frank

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I shoot a DB-81 combo and absolutly love it. ( I know, all you readers are totally surprised about how I feel about this gun) I have shot numerous Perazzi guns in the past, as well as most of the other big name guns and I'm sold on the DB-81. They are known to be a flat shooting gun when compared to the rest of the Perazzi line, but, that is not a problem if it has an adjustable comb. The DB-81 swings to the target very smoothly, is well balanced, and the rib design lends itself to being able to pick up the target as it leaves the house quicker than with other guns I have shot, including the un-singles. They come in two different styles: DB-81 and DB-81 Special. The standard DB-81 combo came with 2 sets of triggers and 2 forends, one for the single and one for the O/U. The Special combo has an interchangeable forend that fits either barrel, and the combo came with a selectable trigger. While both are fantastic guns, I prefer the older DB-81 model as I believe it is made with better steel than the newer ones, and the fit and performance of the older guns just seem better to me. You can readily tell the difference as the recievers on the DB-81 Special is marked "DB-81 Special" while the older DB-81's just have "DB-81" on the receiver. The value of the gun is dependent on how it is equipped. If you want to email me, I would be happy to give you more info on the gun. Email me at trap2dan@yahoo.com......Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. mwmd

mwmd Member

DB81 IS THE PREMIERE PERAZZI combo, I have a mint early production combo 34/32 case hardened receiver with two original triggers for sale - $7200.00 if you are interested. mwright45@hotmail.comxxxx (drop the x;'s)

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A buddy of mine picked up one a few weeks ago. His is the special combo. The 34" single was worked over by Mr. Wilkinson and the 29 1/2" O/U has Briley thinwall tubes. The interesting thing about the one that he bought, is that it has a factory barrel weight on the single barrel. It is the first one that I've seen done that away. A Phil Simms stock and forearm also grace this gun. The stock also has one of Pat McCarthy's counter coil setups that links the comb to the reducer. One very nice gun and I'm not a Perazzi fan!

ec90t

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

ec90t , Where was the barrel weight located on the single barrel?Jeff

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jeff,

It is where the lug for the lower barrel is. Normally these are flush with the forarm, and this one protrudes out from the forarm a few inches.

ec90t

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jeff,

One thing that I forgot to mention is that all the barrels, reciever and trigger group share the same serial #'s

ec90t

9. mwmd

mwmd Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
opinions of perazzi db81

perazzi db81

perazzi db81 barrels
perazzi db81 for sale
value of perozzi db81