1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Comp One?? 32 inch 99.99% Value????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by superxjeff, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Got a friend with a 32 inch comp one that is like new. Fixed chokes with no mods at all. He says the 32 inch barrels were extremely rare. I don't know but at any rate the gun is for sale and I think he wants either 3500 or 4,000. The price seems high to me but I am not a P-gun expert so I decided to see what the boards knowlage bank thinks about the value of this gun. Jeff

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

32" Comp 1's are not rare. My question is what is the type? 2 or 3. Its probably a type 2 in which case its probably worth less than $2500... a type 3 might bring $3-3500 in excellent shape. BTW I have 3 of these and have owned others in years past. 2 Type 3's and one very primo type 1 that I paid $2200 for last summer.

TB

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jeff, there is an apparent demand for these guns out there and I've seen dealers with what I thought to be ridiculous prices being asked for these old guns. If its that good it will bring the $3500. They seem to be priced the same as MX8 and Mirages anymore. There use to be a demand for them in the live bird sector. Of the ones I had it was not uncommon to see the top barrel exceed .050 constriction. It was not uncommon to see a really mismatched POI between the barrels. The ones I had were 32" and from memory I would say the ones I saw most in use were. If anything the 29.5" were more rare.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The comp 1 is basically an MX8 good guns the forearms are different and later one do not interchange.

5. shark1

shark1 Member

Comp ones have an excellent balance, and mint oric chokes say no more. I bought one from a pawn broker for $2000. with actual case in 95%, type 3. The gun has done me well. Older perazzi tend to have more time care built into them. You will not find a better doubles gun. Buy the comp one, (SC1T) if you can. Mike Sharkey

6. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

I have one,an Ithica,is it a type 2 or 3,how do you tell?It has a nitus oxide coating on the action and is engraved,the engraving is factory it appears,is the coating,did they all have a bit if engraving,it is a real beauty.Jack

7. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Jeff,

I read in a blue book at one time that there were only 108 sets of 32" barrels made on Comp I's, however I have owned about 5-6 of them, and all but one had 32" barrels......either I am very lucky in owning a bunch of rare guns, or someones figures are off. I assume it is the later portion. I tried to find some facts in Lippard's book on Perazzi's and a quick scan turned up nothing. l.g.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi 32 barrels guns for sale
perazzi comp 1 shotgun value
perazzi comp 1 value

perazzi comp one used what they are worth

perazzi comp one value
perazzi comp one values
what is a perazzi comp 1 worth