1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Comp 1

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oldcop, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldcop

oldcop Member

How does the quality, reliability and performance of the Comp 1 compare with the newer Perazzi Models? Any glaring weaknesses or drawbacks?

Thanks,

Jim

2. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

i shot 1 for 20 years, wore it out 3 times, i loved that gun. wish i still had it.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Technologically not as good but still a fabulous design.

4. dward

dward Member

They are basically the same locking block/receiver, except that the newer models are made exactly the same, due to modern machining technology. The older models were all hand fitted and thus the barrels are not always interchangable without some fitting.

The top lever release pin has been moved.

The triggers are the same except that the hammers on the newer guns are machined all the way across for the under barrel and the older triggers won't work on the new style firing pins unless the face is machined like the new ones. The firing pins have changed accordingly.

The only way the Comp I isn't as good as the newer style, in my opinion, is the forend design has been changed as the older models were prone to splitting.

I believe the older case hardened receivers are stronger than the new models.

My 2 cents - Dan

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

In the other century I picked up and had the honor to try a number of the ol' Comp 1 single barrels. I never met one that I couldn't shoot well and shouldn't have bought or replaced but could never rationalize the what, $700 they were at the time? Oh, how I wish I'd bought a truck load of them now. I did have a time when I had to be out of trapshooting for several years and it was the Comp 1 I wanted to find when I returned with any seriosity. My looking led me through a number of "other" P guns and they all felt like some part of a Oil drilling rig in my hands; never got into the MX8 O/U though. I finally reached the next best thing with the KS-5 Spl. and can see no reason to ever replace it.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

6. oldcop

oldcop Member

Interesting comments...thanks, Guys! I recently got a Super X1 from Ruck to get back into the trapshooting I never really got into, as I am basically a Skeeter, but I had to give up most of the clay sports some years ago due to on-duty injuries that played havoc with some of my joints for years. It is a great gun, and I love the old Winchesters. I find trap fascinating, and I know that sooner or later I'm gonna want an o/u...the Pirazzis intrigue me. I saw a nice one (90-95% I'd guess) with good wood the other day for around $3500.00 which I understand may be a little high.

Jim

7. oldcop

oldcop Member

Thanks for that story, Mike..I like the SX1 more and more...now if I can just get cleared to shoot by the Doc after this last back surgery of two weeks ago..

Jim

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

BDodd, if ever you really need to own one of these old guns, let me know. Yes I can probably help. May even be able to put you into a 100%er :-}

9. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

I own two--a trap and a skeet--both bought new as ithaca imports-have shot thousands of rounds with both and wouldn't take a farm in ga. for either. Replaced one top lever, several leaf springs and had ribs on both guns resoldered by giacomo. These older p guns are a little lighter than the newer p guns and can have a bit of a kick if they don't fit,but I have NEVER,EVER, found a gun that balances in the hands like either one of them. They feel alive in your hands like very few other guns.

10. AAfan

AAfan TS Member

Howdy, I still looking a bone stock, neutral cast, best condition possible, Comp 1 Skeet...I'll give Bob miller a call or maybe he can email me?

thanks,

AAfan/Howard'
    Asnake357@outdrs.net

11. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

I bought one for my wife,it is silver nitite frame and very pretty wood,I had to replace the cocking linkage in at 400.00 other than that the gun is an absolute peach,it'll never leave this house until no more shots are fired.Every bit the gun the MX8 is,in my opinion,I have one of those too.Jack

12. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Have a Comp IV (TM1 with racing stripes and CT) Ithaca import. 34"
    730 bore. Adjustable soft comb and adjustable butt pad. Bluing and
    wood excellent. Locking lever to right. 14 1/2 LOP. $2375+shp.
    Doyal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi comp 1

perazzi comp 1 review
perazzi comp 1 shotgun
perazzi comp 1 trap gun
perazzi comp 1 wood
perazzi comp1
perazzi models comparison
what-type-forend-is a perrazi comp 1