1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Boz, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boz

Boz TS Member

History:
    Order new MX2000 from Perazzi Australia Dec 06/ Jan 07
    Receive new gun July 07 with wrong top rib fitted.
    Armi Perazzi Italy admits error and promise to build new gun in 8 weeks maximum.
    After 8 weeks no gun, no information, maybe in couple of weeks suggests distributor, but who knows, factory is not forward with revised date etc and/or will not confirm.

Question:
    Is this lack of customer service/commitment only applicable to Perazzi Australian clients or does this apply/happen to US Perazzi clients?

Your input and/or experiences would be appreciated so I can ascertain if:

I am expecting too much as any ordinary guy trying to make the most of buying yet another Perazzi from a world renowned firearms manufacturer, or do I have to;
    change my name to Michael Diamond or;
    hope I am famous and won several world titles or;
    have incriminating photos of key Perazzi personnel in compromising situations/positions which I can use to my advantage to get satisfaction.

Thanks,

Chris F

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you can expect the same level of service in the U.S.A. It starts at the top. The big man has an attitude problem, and that attitude is adopted by the underlings in California.

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Your problem is not atypical. That is why some of the top shooters in the USA, including All Americans, have changed brands.

I own and love my Perazzi but have little faith in their service or warranty work.

Any communication between the end user and the factory is suspect.

Best of luck!

4. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

I recently purchased a new MX-8 from Giacomo.. When the custom-stocked gun came in from Italy he tuned it and sent it along with numerous thanks for buying from him.. Great gun and the price was good...there was no extra charge involved for a custom stock to my dimensions.. Lee Meadows is Giacomo's sales rep and was also great to deal with as well...
    DW

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I own a bunch of Perazzis and barrels and triggers etc. Many of which are old gray market or Ithaca or Wincester guns. I recently took them to Luccio at Perazzi USA for various things. He could not have treated me better if I had been his brother. (And, he is Italian.) Worked for hours, stayed late, found odd old parts I needed and sold them to me VERY reasonably. It was a very nice experience. I guess its just me? Jake

6. Boz

Boz TS Member

Thanks to one and all for your comments.

Armi Perazzi Italy seems to be constant in their attitude to customers including arrogance and contempt, both in AUS and US. If the after sales service given by Giacomo,Luccio and co was matching the factory (i.e. seriously lacking), resulting in sales figures hitting rock bottom, maybe then they might address the issue,(but don't hold your breath).

Next time I'll be looking at Kolar or others that seem to have an acceptable ongoing track record from start to finish.

Regards, Chris F

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Yea. But then you would have to shoot a Kolar or other instead of a Perazzi. There in lies the rub. Jake

8. Boz

Boz TS Member

Quite right Jake, I suppose I forgot the obvious, damned if you, damned if you don't. Maybe I should have got the wife to organise - nobody in their right mind including Mauro and co at Perazzi would think twice to argue with a woman.....especially if she's spitting venom and breathing fire!!LOL
    Chris

9. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Gordon, once again, you are wrong. Got a new 1187 at the end of July. The forend was cracked. Called factory, new forend shipped, would not fit, called factory, another forend shipped, again won't fit. Sent original foend back to factory, lost the forend. Sent complete gun to factory so they can "find the problem". It is now October 22 and they still have the gun.....Yeah "buy American" what a joke.............Roger

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

wona, You say Perazzi won't service TM guns? When I was at Perazzi USA a few weeks ago, Luccio fit a 34" TMX barrel I had on my TM-1 and cleaned up the trigger. He didn't say a word about that being out of the norm. What do you base your statement on if you please? Jake

11. Notime2

Notime2 TS Member

I wanted a fitted MX-12. I flew to California, was fitted by Luccio, toured the shop, saw fancier guns and wood, back on a plane. 8 hours and a rental car (Shelby Mustang) was the best investment I could make. The only rub, it took 6 months instead of 4. I'm happy, happy! Now the 5 stand is fun. Fred

12. BlackBelt

BlackBelt TS Member

Just made the switch from Perazzi's to K-80 Trap Special - - very good move! The K-80 handles magnificently - much less recoil than my MX2000RS.

Perazzi makes a fine gun - but I'm pleased with the switch. Yup, it seems that major numbers of top shooters are making the same switch.

Terry Diener

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Terry, I am not going to "out" anyone here. But, there are a number of All American shooters who got there with Perazzi, switched and switched and switched and ended up back where they started. Interestingly, several with MX-3s. Ask around. Some of the very best. Good luck to you with the K-80. Best, Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

complaints about perazzi customer service

lee meadows ca perazzi

perazzi usa customer sevice