1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi chokes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by byteme, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byteme

byteme TS Member

Do these calculations apply to the over bored (18.7) barrels?

2. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

byteme,

Yes, that constriction amount still applies to the 18.7 factory bores as long as you are using the factory supplied Perazzi choke tubes that will be etched with "18.7" on the tubes themselves.

But many of the aftermarket Perazzi tubes are based on the 0.724 bore size and will have 0.010 more constriction than labeled if used in the big bore barrels. It isn't a good idea to use some of those standard bore sized tubes in the 0.734 barrels without first making absolutely certain that there is plenty of clearance at the entrance end of the choke tube (you can see it clearly with a good light source and you can also feel all the way around the tube with a small dowel, etc to make 100% certain).

Some manufacturers only offer tubes in the more standard Perazzi bore size of 0.724 and their stated policy is to never use them in the big-bore barrels (Trulock) ----- some other aftermarket manufacturers offer Perazzi tubes in both bore sizes (Briley and Comp-N-Choke) ----- and some like Wrights only offer them in the standard size but are certain that there is ample clearance for their safe use in either barrel size. I talked to Stu Wright after I bought my MX10RS a few years ago and he assured me that there would be no problem using his tubes as they were made with a large enough entrance to accommodate the bigger bore size (and they are fine). I use his tubes and prefer them, but it is necessary to add the additional 0.010 when considering what tubes to purchase ---- for example, his #6 tube provides 0.034 constriction in a big bore barrel.

3. byteme

byteme TS Member

byte is a computer related term, came up with it when we installed a new system that was a nightmare. Thanks for the clarification on the chokes/over bored barrels. Bill

4. byteme

byteme TS Member

no, it's is really byte me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.