1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi choke tube question(s)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sam T., Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Two Questions on Perazzi Choke Tubes;

(1) Is there a chart (somewhere on the web OR can be pasted in this thread) which shows which # choke relates to what label - for example #3 = Modified/#10 = Extra Full.

(2) I have heard that odd number chokes are only for single barrels and even number chokes are only for O/U barrels... is this true? Is there a problem if they are interchanged (i.e., can I use an odd number choke in an O/U and an even number choke in single barrel)?

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Perazzi choke constrictions are in 1/10th of mm. (like the rest of the world, but we don't care)

Easiest way is to multiply the number by 4, then you have them in 1000th inches.

Example: #2 x4 = 0.008", #4 x4 =0.016". then you decide 0.035" or 0.040" is Full.

Perazzi has a chart in the back of their catalogue.

3. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

thanks for the forumla... unfortunately I do not have a Perazzi catalog... is that chart somewhere on the web?

also - does anybody know the odd vs. even issue?

4. Steve W

The odd # & even # chokes are just different constrictions, because the differences are so small, so factory don't ship them together. You can use them together.

However,

There're 4 generation chokes they are all interchangeable within generations.

The 4th generation chokes come in different bore sizes, they are still interchangeable after you calculate the differences.

5. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

thanks again...

A follow-on question;

I understand that different generation chokes have their threads at either the top (muzzle-end) of choke tube or bottom (stock-end) of the choke tube. Can you tell me which is which.

6. Steve W

Only the first generation choke has threads on the top.

Second generation look the same as first, but threads on bottom. Both have 1/4" extension.

Third is flush, in black, original forth is flush in silver.

Forth generation has either flush, extended, and big bore.

7. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

seems like Briley has a list of dimensions for the different Perazzi choke tubes

8. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Wright's website does as well. Regards, Ed

9. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Are 2nd generation Perazzi chokes available for purchase somewhere?

The Briley & Wright's chokes seem to extend longer than actual Perazzi chokes do - and I would like keep it original looking.

10. Steve W

Be careful with the information on Briley's site,

What they described as 2nd. generation choke is Incorrect! Only 1st generation chokes are threaded on the top.

Second generation chokes are available, first generation is more difficult. If you are referring to what Briley' s site said, you're looking for first generation.

Let me know what you need, PM me. I'll check in the after noon.

For the record, 1st generation on the left side, 2nd. on the right.

[​IMG]

11. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

The reason Briley refers to them as 2nd generation is there are chokes that pre-date the early TMs (comp V) and MT-6. They are top thread also, but shorter. From Ennio Matterelli's MX-8 late 1960's to 1974 45,X00. Rare, but Briley knows chokes and knows Perazzi's.

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Sam..... Are your choke tubes threaded at the top or the bottom? If they are threaded at the bottom, Briley has the answer to your problem. Call Briley and ask for Stormy. I have an MX3 Special that has the generation 2 tubes in it. I didn't like the way the gun looked with the stock tubes in it so I called Briley. They are, as I write this, making a set of 2 flush choke tubes for me for this gun. They will run you $65.00 per choke. I don't know if they can make the generation 1 tubes flush fit or not. A quick call to them will answer that question..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. Sam T.

Sam T. TS Member

Trap2 -

I tried calling Stormy (via Briley) but he is out today - I will try him tomorrow.

The threads are at the bottom of the tube (the stock-end when inserted)... what do you mean when you say "flush"? I am seeking generation 2 tubes which extend out the barrel the same length as the factory generation 2 tubes do - approx. 1/4". Is that what you mean?

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Sam.... No, the tubes I now have stick out about 1/4" from the end of the barrel. I wanted tubes that are flush with the end of the barrel and has nothing beyond that. I just think it makes the gun look much "cleaner" that way. I also don't care for the way the factory chokes pattern and am not satisfied with them... Dan

15. Steve W

Last time I checked, Giacomo Sporting has some of them @$55.00 each.

16. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Hello Sam we have some 2nd generation choke tube.
    The cost is $ 31,00 USD plus shipping

PS just for the record there is a difference in tread size between the new and old generation chokes:
    old 20,5 x 0,75
    new type 21 x 0,75

17. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

"Subject: Perazzi choke tube question(s)
    Email:
    Date: Thu, Aug 19, 2010 - 04:41 PM ET
    Website Address:
    The reason Briley refers to them as 2nd generation is there are chokes that pre-date the early TMs (comp V) and MT-6. They are top thread also, but shorter. From Ennio Matterelli's MX-8 late 1960's to 1974 45,X00. Rare, but Briley knows chokes and knows Perazzi's."

Gapper is correct on the pre-type 1 tubes. I have a Mirage pigeon gun with choke tubes like that in the bottom bbl. It's a 73 or 74. Easy to identify as the knurling on the external section is not as fine as the type1 and later.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi choke chart
perazzi choke tube numbers

perazzi choke tubes

perazzi choke tubes for sale

perazzi chokes

perazzi chokes sizes
perazzi mt6 choke tubes
perazzi shotgun choke tubes