1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi choke tube info

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twcpdc, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I bought a MT6 looks like a 1977 model from serial number the threads on the choke are at the muzzle of barrel. I got some tubes that were sold as Perazzi that the threads are on the end of the choke so the threads are to be down in the barrel not on the end but the threads are the same the end threaded tube screw right in easy. looking on the net found that there are 3 gen. of tubes can any one tell me what I have and which are what gen. Thanks Tom

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Sometimes my statements got challenged by contradicting claims (without document or photos), so I'll word my statement carefully this time. A picture worth thousand words.

Check the photo under, the one on the left is what we generally refer to as 1st. Generation chokes, the one on the right is what we call 2nd. Generation. These were not officially named by Perazzi, but these are what been said by Perazzi when we talked about their chokes.

stevew_2008_03033.jpg

There're pre 1st. Gen. chokes encountered in the past, that was used on extremely limited bases in the '60s before Perazzi widely putting regular production chokes in their guns. Very unlikely you'll encounter one of those today, not to mention finding a spare. Other than that, there're 4 generations of Perazzi chokes, the current 4th generation comes in different bore sizes and flush & longer extensions.

3. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

Thanks I must have a 1st gen gun so now I need to sell 4 2nd gen chokes. Thanks Tom

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Steve W : mea culpa,mea culpa!!

5. Steve W

Joe, I wasn't talking about you. :)

6. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Steve, for documentation and photo, check out http://olympictrapshooting.com/WhatsInAPerazzi.html - Pictured is a mirage with the early chokes. Courtesy of Derek Partridge, the man who did more for Perazzi than anyone; out side of the factory. With all due respect, GAP.

7. Steve W

GAP. thank you for the link, good information, that's the pre 1st Gen. choke I was referring to. Appreciated.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

EuroJoe,

Thanks for the #8 type one choke tube...now all I need is a #9 for a straigt!

Tommy suggested just turning the #6 upside down...said I'd never know the difference.

Whadda Tink???

9. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

Any one need 4 type 2 Ballistic Specialties extened ported tubes 20,25,30,&35 choke. $75 shipped Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.