1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Choke Questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Unless this is a factory overbore, Steve, your gun has been backbored. The single is full choke by dimensions and no doubt shoots like that too - I've never seen one that didn't. It's not a tight full choke - unless it shoots like a tight full choke, and I'll bet that instead it shoots like a loose full choke.

The O/U has been choked for doubles, and in my opinion, you should be shooting 8's for the second shot (the over barrel) and similar or smaller for the first shot. 8's, 8 1'2, 9's should all do fine. If you plan to shoot it for singles, I'd go with 8 1/2's if you have the choice. You could also shoot the top barrel for singles, after you do the following:

Since this barrel has probably been worked over, you really should go with a rest to the pattern board and at 13 yards, find out where it is shooting, since you never know.

Neil

2. parrothead

parrothead Member

Not to steal your thread Steve but since we are on the topic of Perazzi chokes, Will a factory backbored barrel 18.7 choke tube fit a non backbored type 4 factory choke tubed barrel? and if so can it be used safely? Wouldn't it just be a tighter constriction than stamped on the tube? Any help on this issue would be appreciated.-Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.