1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Choke Constrictions & Patterns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Garry, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Active Member

I know someone who owns a Perazzi MX8/20 gauge fitted with 31.5 inch 28 gauge barrels. Both barrels have .016 fixed chokes and both produce a full choke pattern.

My question is, if I wanted to duplicate the 28 gauge full choke pattern with a set of 20ga barrels, would I order them with .016 fixed chokes or would I need to order some other constriction to achieve the same full choke pattern in the 20ga?

Is there a Perazzi chart showing the amount of constriction by guage and the resulting pattern equivalent - full, improved modified, modified, etc.?

Thank you.

2. captin

captin TS Member

My experience is that .016 constriction in fixed choked barrels can and most times will pattern different in different barrels no matter what guage or what maker.

Even The same constriction in two different barrels with screw in chokes will patteren the same choke tube different.

Ya just never know till ya try em on a pattern board.

Just my find after many times to the pattern board.

captin

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

And don't forget that eyeball patterning doesn't work. Shoot a box full (25) patterns, use Shotgun Insight by Dr AC Jones and then you will have a body of data to work with. You will be able to determine the real performance of your barrels. Anything else is just guessing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
choke constriction for perazzi 28 gauge
choke constrictions

perazzi choke chart

perazzi choke constrictions
perazzi skeet choke constriction