1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi blown choke tube

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Ugliness visited today. My ol' gamer, original Pgun GrandAmerican w/ 29.5" barrels and top thread screw-in choke in the bottom barrel blew out a choke. About two months ago I had a stuck choke and when it came out it was apparent there was a little rust in the threads. I cleaned everything up nicely and have keep things well lubricated etc. and have been changing chokes more frequently (sporting clays) but I guess it was weak.
    Anyway, the barrel is tweeked. A small irregular bulge right at the end and it looks slightly out of round. Of course, the chokes won't fit.
    What to do? I really like the barrels and shoot them well for lots of things. Can Perazzi fix it? (I live in So. Cal.). Can Briley or some barrel guru put chokes in both barrels and away we go?
    Suggestions?
    Regards, Jake

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

You can in the worst case send them to Simmons and have a new sleeve installed.I am having a new set put on a k-80 monoblock right now.Both barrels,new rib and bluing is about 1200.00.The best part is you can put any length and rib on them as well as set poi.It will not be a fast turn around but will be nice when completed.Good luck!!

3. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

Call Cliff at Briley Mfg. They can put in long screw chokes and make it like it never had a problem.

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Thanks. Does anyone know if Perazzi can rebuild these? Jake

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

BAD,
    How do I contact Simmons for this kind of work. Is there a certain person there who is most knowledgable? Thanks, Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.