1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi barrel values

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by daddiooo, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Question.
    I have an MX10 34" top single barrel w/ adjustable rib bored and choketubed by Wilkinson, what's it worth?
    Also have an MX2000 34" unsingle barrel w/ adjustable rib, factory fixed choke, what's it worth?
    Both barrels are "as new".
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Dave

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The top single with work done is worth about a grand. The unsingle with adjustable rib all factory 1600 or so maybe even more if you find the right buyer. Jake

3. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

any unaltered barrel is worth more than any barrel that has been fooled with by any so-called "barrelsmith, all they have is hype and b.s, at least one of them stamps his name on the barrel so the public is forewarned.

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

fearless,

spoken by a man with little knowledge of the work done by a true "barrelsmith". I would not accept a stamp as being the true ID, see the receipt. $1000 is low. Most mx bbl.s will bring that. At $3600. new 50% is about right.

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Dave, I don't know where Jake buys his barrels at those prices, but around my neck of the woods, buyers (including me) pay more.

I just sold my MX-15 barrel for more than half again what Jake says yours is worth, AND the buyer immediately resold it to another shooter. You don't say what MX-2000 barrel you have. If it is an MX-2000RS (4-notch rib) it will be valued a little higher then if it is an MX-2000 (5-notch rib), but in either case I would expect to get between $2,500 and $3,000 for it, shipped and insured.

Your MX-10 top single is worth less, because top singles are tough to sell. BTW, Wilkinson work on the barrel and choke is not a negative for me. It tells me it will be a soft shooting, good patterning setup.

6. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Any barrel that Tom Wilkenson has worked on, I would definately pay more for.

Trap-4

7. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I would pay more for and value a barrel worked on by Tom Wilkerson than one that wasn't. Bruce

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks to all for your input and info. Sold the Wilkinson Adj.rib 4 notch topsingle this morning for $3000. I've had and offer of $2600 on the 5 notch unsingle.
    It's real easy to doubt a barrelsmiths work espically if you haven't shot one after they've been reworked. The difference is very notable. When Tom Wilkinson did this particular barrel he noted that the choke was out of round on it as well as the bore. This came from the Perazzi factory like that. From what I've been told by several barrelsmiths this is not an uncommon problem.

Thanks again,
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.