1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi barrel question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

My buddy has a 35inch barrel that seems to snap right into my MX2000.It is an older ithaca.Do I need to worry about damaging his barrel or my mx 2000.if it snaps in good or is there anything I need to check?I need to call Dougs gun shop today if he is open.Monty

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You will not damage his barrel.. You need to see that the forend fits correctly..and that the locking bolt is engaging properly.. If Doug could take a quick peak..that would be a good thing..
    the position of the forend lug..can.... change the position of the cocking piece.. which could bend your cocking rod.. Long shot.. but that's the first thing I'd check on..

3. romie

romie Active Member

It seemed a little stiffer when closing when I put back on my regular barrels after I had shot fifty rounds but it could have been my imagination.Maybe not?
    Thanks I always value you opinion.
    Monty

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I hear metal under stress. Gunsmiths pay for their education...

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

check your cocking rod.. that it moves smoothly in the receiver.. If its OK.. then you're OK..

6. romie

romie Active Member

My buddy has a 35inch barrel that seems to snap right into my MX2000.It is an older ithaca.Do I need to worry about damaging his barrel or my mx 2000.if it snaps in good or is there anything I need to check?I need to call Dougs gun shop today if he is open.Monty

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You will not damage his barrel.. You need to see that the forend fits correctly..and that the locking bolt is engaging properly.. If Doug could take a quick peak..that would be a good thing..
    the position of the forend lug..can.... change the position of the cocking piece.. which could bend your cocking rod.. Long shot.. but that's the first thing I'd check on..

8. romie

romie Active Member

It seemed a little stiffer when closing when I put back on my regular barrels after I had shot fifty rounds but it could have been my imagination.Maybe not?
    Thanks I always value you opinion.
    Monty

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I hear metal under stress. Gunsmiths pay for their education...

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

check your cocking rod.. that it moves smoothly in the receiver.. If its OK.. then you're OK..

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Assuming you're using the Ithaca forend for the single barrel? Ithaca import should be type 3.

12. romie

romie Active Member

I am useing an Ithaca forend I did get Doug on the phone and he pretty much said what Big bore said and that you really can't hirt the barrel or the gun with a few hundred rounds but have it fitted if I am going to keep it.$$$$$$$

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Ithaca import can also be a type 4 barrel lug and forend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi barrel damage